Worst DJ you've seen? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

And this is one reason why the club scene is in such a god awful mess.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

I once stayed 20 minutes into a Judge Jules set...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I once stayed 20 minutes into a Judge Jules set...
    Judge Jules used to be pretty good. I saw him at the Gallery at MOS once. He seemed to go downhill after that. The next time was BCM magaluf (lads holiday, not my choice destiniation but it was a good laugh) and after that was at a terrible club in uxbridge, apparently as a favour to the club owner. I spent about 45 minutes in there and had to leave, it was god awful. The tunes were schlocky, commercial twaddle and it was all over the place. How the mighty have fallen.

It might be down to not playing his usual genres, or being like dave pearce, just behind the times and not rellevant to modern dance music anymore.

Tech Guru

aoki can not mix in any way shape or form...cant produce either, but thats for another day lol
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Last week at the French Version of the reality TV Show "Four Weddings" I saw a DJ...I really would have punched him in his face if I was invited to this wedding.
    Opening of the Ball the couple Chose "Robbie Williams - Angel" (For me strange choice as I know the Background Story to the song) and it would have OK if the DJ just would have played the original but NO, he played a cheap Karaoke Version and sang himself.
    Well this isn't a Problem if you can sing and you Sound nearly as good if not better than the original, but if you have the worst voice in the World and you don't even understand and speak english you just Shouldn't!!!
    Most of what he sang was just blablabla...for me he killed the Opening of the Ball...I was ashamed for him and really sorry for the couple.

I had one DJ who showed up to a show I was doing with a number of artists. and proceeds to plugin his gear during another Dj's set.

all you hear is crackling in the speakers lol.

Tech Guru

Worst DJ ever has to be a toss up between SNBRN and Carnage.

SNBRN would attempt to scratch over tracks, but he was obviously new or just very bad at it so that it sounded bad.

Carnage is Carnage. He's just awful. Terrible transitions. IMO, bad song selection.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Had to be ATB for me about 7 years ago. Went to watch a set, he was basically black out hammered and could not mix, every EVERY transition was a wreck.

Can't remember but this might have also happened at electric zoo the 1st or 2nd year it was running before it went to complete crap.

The original poster is the main reason why so many DJs hate customers these days. Customers blame the DJ for having a shit night then reel off 20 other reasons why it was shit that had nothing to do with the DJ.
    I just want to play music and entertain people. The hardest part is getting people to listen.
    Got any Rihanna?

Mixcloud: House-Techno-Tech House-Rocktronica-Tropical-Pop

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djpieman View Post
    The original poster is the main reason why so many DJs hate customers these days. Customers blame the DJ for having a shit night then reel off 20 other reasons why it was shit that had nothing to do with the DJ.
    You obviously didn't read the post then.

I wrote about all of the other shitty parts of the night to a)tell people about what nightlife can be like in cities outside of the west, as some people might be curious, and b)give a balanced story. It would be totally unfair to the DJ to not mention the other details, namely that the crowd sucked. But as I wrote in the post, his song selection was absolutely atrocious and he clearly didn't look up once from his controller. It was the worst performance I've ever seen...what else do you need me to say? Later people told me that he's a commercial EDM DJ and that he was out of his element, but you have one job to do: watch the floor. There's no excuse for not paying attention to a scene that's unfolding right in front of the booth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast