Parents Holding me Back

Unhappy Parents Holding me Back

Sup guys, Im new here, hope to be on here for a long time

Heres what im here for, Im currently 18 years old, about to start college, living in Miami with my parents. Ive been djing for the past 10 years (Yes you read right) I started off scratching on my fathers walmart record player and moved on from that. I currently have a very basic set up, A pair of stanton STR8-80 Turntables that i scored on craigslist for 50 bucks an Audio 4 DJ Interface and a stanton m.203 mixer with a DESTROYED stiff ass Crossfader. For speakers i Have a pair of Blown JBL 4208 Monitors (I got them Re-coned) that i scored when i was in high school I've been trying to get gigs since i was 15 but my parents are super christians and think playing at parties, raves, clubs is satanic and will take me to hell since its not "The Lords Path". The only gigs that im allowed to do is Birthday parties and weddings which dont happen to often and all that money is spent on vinyl, and digital music. Im getting my first car tomorrow (A 2008 Blue beetle and what ive thought of doing is start street busking in a highly populated area to try to get some cash and to upgrade the gear ive had since the 8th grade and try to get better gigs to eventually start living on my own. ive been trying to get an "Actual job" for the longest time, but ive gotten nothing sadly, Ive gone from Local supermarkets to Pizza Huts to Dairy Queens Etc etc etc. I really have a HUGE passion for djing, but at this point what should i do.

...about to start college...
    I think a lot of the problems that you think you have are going to magically disappear very soon.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

gotta love them bible thumpers

i would go and do what i wanted anyways, even if it was against their will. youre not 12, and until you start to take a stand against them you'll never go anywhere

And also, he should buy a Zomo MC-1000.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    And also, he should buy a Zomo MC-1000.
    padi didnt find it amusing so nobody can joke about it anymore

Give it time dude With college you're going to be spending a lot of time on your studies, so it might still be a while before you have money to buy better gear. Meet some friends at college into the same music and that have the same passion for DJing as you. Maybe someone will have better gear, and they'll let you borrow it.

The Belleville Three didn't have their own gear and had to borrow and rent turntables and mixers for their first gigs too

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

With college you're going to be spending a lot of time at Parties
    Fixed and Problem Solved

Seriously though, Im sure you're gonna find a million like minded folk there and there will be opportunities to spin at parties and venues if you are honestly decent at it.

The 21 limit in bars in the USA sucks ass though. Seriously I mean you can vote, drive a car, get sent to war to shoot at insurgents, but cant go to (most) clubnights.
    Last edited by deevey; 07-28-2016 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djzelous View Post
    I've been trying to get gigs since i was 15 but my parents are super christians and think playing at parties, raves, clubs is satanic and will take me to hell since its not "The Lords Path".
    Hire a priest and make an exorcism on your parents I think they are possessed.

And if this doesn't work then Play them this Video:

Default Lets See if it works

Well, lets see if when i start college all of these crazy ass restrictions clear up and i can get started as a dj.

Thanks for your words Guys!!