Soundcloud getting rid of groups - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well it looks like Soundcloud is overacheiving and removed the functionality of groups 13 days ahead of schedule. I really appreciate the 80% reduction in plays within the first 24 hours of posting a new mix

really? have not noticed any falloff in plays myself, and have put up a radio show & 2 mixes in the past week (i do spam the shit out of the podcast link tho)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Kwal is right.. it'll force people down the route of collectives, particularly if they don't already have something of a following.

Maybe not a bad thing because it means you have to put yourself about more.. it could be a very positive outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Hollender View Post
    Well it looks like Soundcloud is overacheiving and removed the functionality of groups 13 days ahead of schedule. I really appreciate the 80% reduction in plays within the first 24 hours of posting a new mix
    if you actually did the math and 80% of your plays came from groups then there's really no loss because like I said, those groups are flooded with bots who play/like/download to appear as real users nowadays... you really have no way of telling if anyone even did listen to your mix. yeah it sucks but at the current state of this industry its tough to just post mixes and get noticed on soundcloud. if it were me, i'd move to mixcloud for those. seems as if its been getting more popular as time goes on but even there most people pull bad numbers. its a lose/lose situation right now for those who just like to post mixes for fun

Interesting ..
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

lol nice

Tech Wizard

I haven't had a chance to check it out. How does the workaround...work?

seems like a PITA just to get some plays

i'm selling plays if anyone wants some

$1 gets you 1000

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast