Soundcloud getting rid of groups - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

yeah there were some good groups out there i ran my own which was moderated as well

i just never actually knew anyone who logged onto soundcloud and started hunting in groups for music... it's natural to just check your stream instead.. im sure people do it, but i just cant imagine that many people really do it anymore.

wanna get noticed? make a fire track, send it off to a collective label for release consideration.. or pay a channel or two a few bucks for reposts. there is NOTHING wrong with slingshotting your work out there if you worked hard on it

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post

i just never actually knew anyone who logged onto soundcloud and started hunting in groups for music... it's natural to just check your stream instead..
    personally i avoid my stream since its overbloated from promo groups with junk due to me getting all the free tracks that i do, and i browse actual groups for things like mixtapes that can be downloaded for car rides .... so i will miss the feature..
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    personally i avoid my stream since its overbloated from promo groups with junk due to me getting all the free tracks that i do, and i browse actual groups for things like mixtapes that can be downloaded for car rides .... so i will miss the feature..
    yeah i figured people still used it, although youre in charge of your stream... clean up your profile as you download the tracks lol. go back, unfollow those extra pages they tack on and go into your settings > connections > and revoke access to the ones you dont want and youre fine. you just gotta stay on top of it as you go

I have the same problem with stream clutter. I follow a lot of artists and pages that I support either because I know them personally or I like a lot of their work but that doesn't necessarily mean that their music is exactly what I want to hear when I'm looking for something new. The groups are a great way to find genre specific music and artists that I haven't heard yet without having to filter through quite as much noise.

Also if you rely only on your stream you're not really hearing much you haven't heard before unless you take a lot of time and effort to find pages that share things you really want to hear and don't overshare to the point of cluttering your stream. How will anyone find my mixes without groups unless they have already heard of me or follow another artist who happens to repost me?

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    Yep, I used groups to find new tracks as well as to promote my own.

I'm sure it'll be possible to adapt, but I feel like I'm not as well versed on collective labels as I need to be...

75 less clicks for me every week then
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

So I tried adding a mix to Groups and I'm getting a message saying SC is removing them on August 22. But I can't add to Groups right now. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by telamon View Post
    So I tried adding a mix to Groups and I'm getting a message saying SC is removing them on August 22. But I can't add to Groups right now. I don't get it.
    Had the same issue myself this morning

hey guys

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    75 less clicks for me every week then
    no kidding

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast