CDJ 850 Jog Wheel Sticky

Default CDJ 850 Jog Wheel Sticky

Howdy.

So we all know the reason for a sticky jog wheel platter. That's because the someone put something heavy on the platter. So now the springs are too compressed. You take them out and stretch them to fix it. That didn't work cause it was still sticking a little bit, so I order 3 new springs thinking maybe newer springs will help provide the gap needed.

That didn't work.

So now I'm not sure. Sounds like the sensor works but the round white bar with the gap that is held above the sensor by the springs isn't enough. When I press down on the round white bar the near the bottom left spring, there isn't much of a gap and no bounciness on the white bar.

So I'm contemplating how to fix this. Could it be a defective jog wheel sensor underneath the round white bar? Do the springs provide enough tension to hold the weight of the white bar to provide that gap? Did the previous owner attempted to fix them and screw'ed in the white bar too tight and made the white bar sit too low to the sensor below?

I was thinking maybe getting small washers to put with the spring under the white bar and sensor to raise the height so there is more of a gap.

Any thoughts?

/bump