MIDI Fighter 3D - Simple Mapping
    Tech Student

Default MIDI Fighter 3D - Simple Mapping

Hello DJTT Friends,

First post here on the forum! I've been using my MIDI Fighter 3D for a couple of months now, I'm having a great time plugging samples into the drum rack and experimenting. Today I was using the controller to test some sub bass notes in Ableton Live's Operator, however I'm unable to make the octave low enough to play the key that I want to test. I'm thinking it would be awesome if the side buttons (as opposed to the bank buttons) were able to shift the octave.

I'm looking for two solutions: MIDI mapping the hardware for a permanent change to the side button functionality, and mapping within the software to temporarily change side button functionality. Your guidance is sincerely appreciated!

Tech Mentor

For the permanent solution my guess would be to use Bome midi translator it's like 60euros but there's probly a free trial software

The temp solution shouldn't be so hard you just have to midi learn the side button within ableton. Whats your question though, you cannot find the octave up down?