Traktor S2 Kontrol & Macbook Sound? *Newbie Help*
    Tech Convert

Question Traktor S2 Kontrol & Macbook Sound? *Newbie Help*

Hi All,

I have just purchased a traktor S2 Kontrol, i am trying to use it with my Macbook but i'm struggling sooooo much, this is how i've got it configured.....

Traktor plugged into USB port on Macbook
    Headphones plugged into "PHONES" socket on the front of the controller,

My understanding is that you'd be able to have sound coming from the internal speakers on the MacBook & then the song I was Q'ing/mix in will play/preview through the headphones?

I can't for the life of me figure out what the settings would need to be in order to achieve this,

Could somebody please help at all?

Thanks

You can't do that. Traktor only supports one audio interface at any given time.

You could try to set up a aggregate audio device ("merge" the mac & S2 interface into one virtual) for Traktor to use.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Do you absolutely have to be using your MacBook speakers? Do you have a set of speakers you can use instead?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    Do you absolutely have to be using your MacBook speakers? Do you have a set of speakers you can use instead?
    For now that's all i have, i will in the future be looking at monitors or speakers to use instead,

I have tried to read up about the aggregated device but it throws me a bit, i can show the devices i can choose etc when trying to set it up?

Could somebody point me in the line of a cheap USB sound card or something similar which would do the trick for now?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    You can't do that. Traktor only supports one audio interface at any given time.

You could try to set up a aggregate audio device ("merge" the mac & S2 interface into one virtual) for Traktor to use.
    Would you be able to help in terms of using an aggregate audio device, when i have tried it i have managed to get sound coming from both the headphones & speaker but it is only deck A, when i press Deck B it comes from the speakers over the top of whats playing