Whats that sound at the end of the track that the DJs usually use?

Default Whats that sound at the end of the track that the DJs usually use?

Sometimes DJs stop one track completely and start another but don't just let us feel if there was a pause. When the previous track stops, there's a noise and then the new track starts. Is that echo?
    It's different than transition from one song to another during which there's no pause and they just match the beats while mixing two songs.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Might be easier to identify if you include a link where we can hear it =). Might be an echo, reverb, sample, slow platter stop, there are quite a few ways to smooth out the end of a track.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Might be easier to identify if you include a link where we can hear it =). Might be an echo, reverb, sample, slow platter stop, there are quite a few ways to smooth out the end of a track.
    https://soundcloud.com/tra-ultra/har...e-are-full-set

12:45
    21:03
    26:30

Tech Wizard

Probably a reverb with a long tail/decay time (labeled as "size" in traktor) or delay or maybe a combination of both of them. But is just a guess, it would be better if you show an example.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Reverb/Delay combination in most cases, nothing too fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Reverb/Delay combination in most cases, nothing too fancy.
    Do we have these effects on a controller or only on softwares like Virtual DJ?

Hardwell DJs with Pioneer CDJs / DJM / Rekordbox / USB...but I imagine he is editing tracks in advance and applying studio effects (i.e. reverb / delay) at the point of the track he is looking to transition; as opposed attempting to create all of this stuff on the fly using standard DJ kit.
    Technics 1200 x2 | Pioneer XDJ-1000 x2 | Pioneer DJM-900SRT | Mukatsuku Record Weights x2 | Serato DJ | Rekordbox | Pioneer EFX-500 | Ableton Live 9 | Push | Roland TR-8 | Roland TB-3 | Roland System-1 | Korg MS-10 | Akai MPC-2500 | Mackie Onyx 1620i | Apogee Duet | MOTU Micro Lite | Tapco S-8 Monitors
    www.slidingdownthebanister.com www.facebook.com/SlidingDownTheBanister

No EDM expert, but it sounds to me that he just mixes drop on drop and the "swooosh" element is a part of the production of the song that introduces the drop.

Other than that an echo / delay freeze with software or hardware fx is a commonly used technique by many DJs.