Xone 22 vs xone 23 - wich should I buy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I didn't even consider it because I was looking for an analog mixer, if that's not a problem It seems to have everything anybody could want from a 2 channel mixer, that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    It annoys me to hell that I have to keep on pointing out the Denon X600
    It's not analog afaik, otherwise great mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    the 23 is weak compared to the 22 in my opinion. i had the 22, bought a 23 and sold the 23 a month later..

the only downfall to the 22 is the filter pop. the 23 has small faders, the vu meters are set up differently, its cramped. the headphone cues were set up better on the 22 also allowing you to measure in on how you wanted the balance of the signal to flow in your headphones instead of just having an on/off cue per channel which doesnt let you dial it in exactly how you want it.

the only advantage the 23 has in my opinion besides no filter pop is the on/off switch.. the 22 doesnt have one and i have to unplug it when im done
    I played on the 22 once and hated it (especially compared to the 92 and 42). The 23 is clearly better to me. But all in all for an affordable 2-channel-mixer there's nothing that can beat the Ecler Nuo 2.0.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Guru

Unfortunately the Ecler Nuo is quite hard to get a hold of in the US.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Here's the article describing how to use Traktor fx with send return: https://support.native-instruments.c...cles/209590489
    Would be helpful if @jjjjuan or someone else test it with the Xone 23 and report back.

Regarding the xone 23 fx loop and external fx unit, I need opinion on what is causing the problem described here http://xoneforum.allen-heath.com/for...ts-send-return , a sudden volume increase when ext on is engaged and phasing.
    jjjjuan previously said:
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjuan View Post
    For last, this was maybe what got confused the guy on AH forum in the first place (at least it got me confused for a while): in the mixer, the way to assign the channels to the FX loop is hitting the filter button on each channel, the thing is that the filter doesn't have an off button, so the only way to bypass the filter is to have it set as a low pass and the cutoff freq in 20kHz or to have it set as high pass and the cutoff freq in 20hz. What happens is that if you use the filter, you probably have the resonance set to a relatively high value so that is what adds volume when you hit the filter button to send that track to the external unit, the fact that resonance accentuate (i.e. makes louder) whatever frequency you set with the cutoff. So the proper way to use only the external FX unit is to set the resonance in cero and the frequency in 20Hz or 20kHz depending on the type of filter you use (must say, it took me a few moments to pull that one out).
    Now is the bolded part the final solution for sure? If not, I'm thinking in this direction: I see the Ecler Nuo 2.0 has send level gain so if that solves the problem a gain level attenuator can be added on the Xone 23 send and regulate it. Something like this
    Or maybe the problem is in the loop implementation and this won't solve it? If someone could try would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    But all in all for an affordable 2-channel-mixer there's nothing that can beat the Ecler Nuo 2.0.
    Can you switch off the crossfader on the Ecler Nuo 2.0?

Tech Wizard

I'm uploading a video with the settings as said in the NI page and showing what happens with the audio in every possible scenario (traktor fx d/w set as 0% and 100%, mixer's filter on and off, ext-unit on and off, and filter resonance 0% and 100%).
    As you can hear in the video, the only case where you can hear a volumen bump or some kind of "unwanted effect" in the audio is when the filter resonance is set to a 100% (more noticiable in real life than in the video, you can hear it in the hi hats), in all the other cases all worked like a charm. In fact, after recording the video I did some more testing on the d/w knob in traktor and it works great, no dry signal leaking through the fx return at all when d/w set to 0%, just the wet signal coming in when turning the knob up.
    Any case, test it by yourself if you can.
    The record is kvk500 from Mr. Tophat & Art Alfie (great EP) and it's pitched up to avoid youtube copyright issues (hopefully this will work).

Hope this help, once again, I strongly suggest you try it by yourself, I really don't know why the allen & heath staff in the AH forum gave up so easy, but for me it worked great.

ff1.jpg

ff2.jpg

fff3.jpg

fff4.jpg

Thanks for checking. I'll try it myself if I get a chance.

Tech Wizard

No problem. Of corse you can get much more "musical" effects wit this setup, I used a very strong ugly delay out of tempo only to get a very clear difference between the dry and wet signal for this demonstration.
    And checking my settings, I noticed that I used the same output for the FX return and the deck C, of corse in this example It wasn't a problem cause there was nothing running on deck C, but just to clarify, the proper way is to use a dedicated output for the FX return.

Regarding the level attenuator box, for what I can tell you'll need to set the filter in the mixer as described in my previous post and then some box of that kind with the d/w in traktor set to 100% OR a controller with the d/w knob in traktor mapped to it, basically you'll be doing the same thing in both cases.
    Last edited by jjjjuan; 08-25-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast