Pioneer DDJ-SR AND IPHONE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pioneer DDJ-SR AND IPHONE

Super interested in getting this player. However, I was wondering if I could connect this with an IPhone? I'm also interested in the Reloop Beatpad 2, anybody has any thoughts on that controller

The Beatpad 2 is usable with Algoriddim's djay Pro app for iPad (and presumably iPhone) if that helps your decision. Here's a list of hardware supported for that app: https://www.algoriddim.com/hardware

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Actually you can add a mapping for any controller from the Mac version of DJay/DJay Pro to it's iOS counterpart so you don't need to exclusively stick to that shortlist. The DDJ-SR is compatible with the OS X version so it's just a matter of porting the mapping via iTunes.

All you really need to confirm if X controller works on iOS is wether it's CoreAudio compatible or not, meaning it doesn't need drivers to run under iOS or OS X. Since people are using the original SX I'm betting you can use the SR this way too.

Some discussion about the matter here.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Since people are using the original SX I'm betting you can use the SR this way too.
    I never managed to get my SR to link to the ipad, reckoned it might be the soundcard.

The as mentioned SX however does work, and you can pick up the Mk1 for around $700 brand new.

For reference:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-DDJ-...8AAOSw6btXTLgf

At that price I'd definitively go the extra mile and get the SX, having a standalone mixer is always handy.

If I end up going that way. What would I have to do to get it to work? I know besides the mapping, is there a sound card I have to get or USB port or station that I can connect all? Plus, how do I even map this? I've never map anything, so that'll be something new. And last, even if I'm able to connect the pioneer SX with my iPhone and to djay, would I be able to used Spotify to use to mix my music?

I don't have a laptop or computer so everything would have to work through my iPhone if that's possible. And last, every time that I use this combination, do I always have to map it to a computer?

You need to drag the mapping file into your iPhone using iTunes, you only need to do this bit once, then DJay will always detect it as a native device. The cable you need is a Lighting to USB Camera Adapter to connect the two together, there's a new model that also allows you to charge the device but I have no clue wether it works on an iPhone too or not (I know the older one does). Regarding Spotify, it will work just like always, it's not hardware limited.

Once you do the initial import once all you'll have to do is connect the device using the Lightning to USB cable along with the regular one. Small heads up btw, the DJay Pro app is iPad only for the time being so you'll have to use the regular one. If you don't want to be arsed with picking the extra cable and importing the mapping go with the Relook, it's still a safe investment.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You need to drag the mapping file into your iPhone using iTunes, you only need to do this bit once, then DJay will always detect it as a native device. The cable you need is a Lighting to USB Camera Adapter to connect the two together, there's a new model that also allows you to charge the device but I have no clue wether it works on an iPhone too or not (I know the older one does). Regarding Spotify, it will work just like always, it's not hardware limited.

Once you do the initial import once all you'll have to do is connect the device using the Lightning to USB cable along with the regular one. Small heads up btw, the DJay Pro app is iPad only for the time being so you'll have to use the regular one. If you don't want to be arsed with picking the extra cable and importing the mapping go with the Relook, it's still a safe investment.
    You'll also need a Powered USB Hub for the majority of controllers (with the exception of reloop) regardless of whether they have a power cord or not.

Here's how I have my Vestax set up.

FYI I can get about 8 hours playing time from a fully charged iPad mini with DJay + WiFi + Spotify. However well worth the extra $20 to get the CCK that includes a power port if you are buying for the first time.

ONLY use an original Apple Lightning to USB adaptor - I have 2 fake ones as well and they only work for importing photos from cameras, not midi.

Last edited by deevey; 08-04-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks for all of the help. Honestly, all this information is great because now I can get this done. The mapping, where I'd get it?

Thanks and thank you as well. At least I'm happy I don't have to settle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast