Xone 23c
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xone 23c

Default Xone 23c

Any users here? How do you control the DVS gain level?

Default Listen

Listening to the control vinyl, the directional tone is the 1 kHz tone

What I mean is the mixer has no gain control for the usb input. I need precise info how to do that. It's supposed to be in the software but how exactly and is it possible on the fly without entering menus or sht.

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    What I mean is the mixer has no gain control for the usb input. I need precise info how to do that. It's supposed to be in the software but how exactly and is it possible on the fly without entering menus or sht.
    Then your question is about software. What software with DVS are you trying to use with it? Basically, you would map individual deck gains on two external controls: either knobs on some kind of controller or keyboard on your laptop.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I see this is a frequent question but the offered solution from A&H is not so clear. They suggest you regulate gain with the channel fader itself, meaning you can't open it all the way up unless you make adjustment in the software preferences. I need to know if this is possible on the fly by mapping a button, not fking around with some menus. Software would be Cross LE that comes bundled with the mixer. Here's the topic on A&H forums: http://xonecommunity.allen-heath.com...bes-cross-dvs/

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    I see this is a frequent question but the offered solution from A&H is not so clear. They suggest you regulate gain with the channel fader itself, meaning you can't open it all the way up unless you make adjustment in the software preferences. I need to know if this is possible on the fly by mapping a button, not fking around with some menus. Software would be Cross LE that comes bundled with the mixer. Here's the topic on A&H forums: http://xonecommunity.allen-heath.com...bes-cross-dvs/
    "Cross doesn’t implement channel gain for K Series to control,....

If you need to adjust overall gain for a deck, use the corresponding soundcard Input channel control in;
    CrossLE Preferences > Audio > Input1: & Input2"

Yeah, I think you're out of luck. At least, if you plan on using Cross or any other software where deck gains in software are not mappable.

In other words this mixer soundcard seems to be useless for normal dvs use. Would like someone to prove this wrong.

Traktor,VDJ, Mixxx... all of them have mappable deck gains so your point is invalid.

1. Traktor requires certified soundcard for DVS, Xone's doesn't work with it.

2. VDJ cost for DVS is about $300 afaik, amount that buys complete external dvs package with vinyls, so why would I need 23c when I can get the normal 23 + DS1 or Scratch a6 for much less?

3. Mixxx is still unproven freeware with high risk of problems. I wish it works best but I won't get the 23c just to test it.

I'd say my point is valid - Xone 23c is pretty much useless for dvs.

They screwed the design just to save one gain pot per channel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast