Xone 23c - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xone 23c

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    1. Traktor requires certified soundcard for DVS, Xone's doesn't work with it.

2. VDJ cost for DVS is about $300 afaik, amount that buys complete external dvs package with vinyls, so why would I need 23c when I can get the normal 23 + DS1 or Scratch a6 for much less?

3. Mixxx is still unproven freeware with high risk of problems. I wish it works best but I won't get the 23c just to test it.

I'd say my point is valid - Xone 23c is pretty much useless for dvs.
    So...to sum it up: it's mixers fault that DVS software is too expensive or if it's free - it unreliable/hasn't got mappable deck gains. Gotcha.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

It's "mixers fault" that it doesn't DVS work in standard expected manner WITH the software tailored for it (Cross LE works only with this mixer). If fixing that issue requires buying another software that costs as much or some freeware of doubtful quality - I'd say yes IT IS USELESS for DVS. I'm buying it with Cross LE and I expect it to work WITH IT, without any hidden tricks, I'm not supposed to look elsewhere and finish the A&H engineers unfinished designs. Or I should forgive this nonsense because I'm getting the "legendary A&H filter and sound quality"?
    Last edited by electroshock; 08-13-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    It's "mixers fault" that it doesn't DVS work in standard expected manner WITH the software tailored for it (Cross LE works only with this mixer). If fixing that issue requires buying another software that costs as much or some freeware of doubtful quality - I'd say yes IT IS USELESS for DVS. I'm buying it with Cross LE and I expect it to work WITH IT, without any hidden tricks, I'm not supposed to look elsewhere and finish the A&H engineers unfinished designs. Or I should forgive this nonsense because I'm getting the "legendary A&H filter and sound quality"?
    Look around. This is not a A&H forum. We don't give a flying f***. We like good rants, reasonably priced gear and creative workarounds.

I think you were just expecting too much from a 350€ mixer.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I was expecting to get just what is advertised - a normal dvs functionality, nothing more. They sell a car without breaks. And no matter the price it's A&H, not a Behringer, so this type of tricks are shameful. Interestingly there's not a single user anywhere on the net that uses this mixer in dvs mode with Cross LE without confusion regarding the gain. Until such one shows up it is safe to say DO NOT BUY THIS MIXER IF YOU INTEND TO DVS USE IT WITH THE SUPPLIED SOFTWARE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12