Compatibility issues with Serato, Traktor and Windowst
    Tech Student

Default Compatibility issues with Serato, Traktor and Windowst

Hey guys. I've been using my macbook pro with traktor for years now with no issues. My cousin wants to do a similar set up with his cdjs and mixer but doesn't want to splurge on a macbook. He's been recommended the following laptops from some friends and tbh i don't know if their would be any compatibility issues when using these. What do you guys think? Are there still compatibility issues when using windows? I remember 4 years back I ran into some issues. Thanks in advance.

https://www.amazon.ca/Windows-Touchs...intel%20laptop

https://www.amazon.ca/HP-Quad-Core-A...ywords=A6-6310

I've used Serato on a Windows laptop worse than those and it's fine. I've also seen tons of people run Traktor on laptops similar or lesser than those so either should be fine.

Tech Wizard

Didn't think serato was certified for AMD processors, could be wrong. i5 fine for traktor, I use one. 6gb ram should be OK but for windows 10 on 64bit 8gb is generally regarded as a sweet spot

I would steer clear of AMD CPU's because of an alleged bug they had with music software, which might be what griffkpuk is on about. I don't know how concrete this is but I've read forum posts about it more than a few times. Other than that a Windows PC is as good as a Mac if you obey the rules.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.