Kontrol s4 mk2 and routing tr-8 with external compressor best method?
    Tech Student

Default Kontrol s4 mk2 and routing tr-8 with external compressor best method?

Hi I will start with my setup for DJ/live performance: Traktor s4 mk2, launchpad s, launch control and Behringer mdx 1600.
    I have a question regarding routing my tr-8 into my s4 mk2 basically after watching the tech tools tutorial about guitar fx pedals I was going to get the boss cs-3 compressor sustain pedal because using the tr-8 it's not punchy enough through the mix and some parts can be too loud eg (909 kick or using tr-8s delay and loads of feedback for crazy sounds) and other sounds not loud enough eg hats. My friend gave me the rack mount mdx 1600 compressor/limiter my question is I want to route the tr-8 through the compressor to the kontrol s4 and capture loops onto remix deck d so I did so before i got given the compressor through aux quick is fine for capturing off the loop recorder but I can't cue the aux to my headphones before hand to hear if it's ok so I routed it as a live deck in deck b to solve that issue but now I lose deck b.
    Will I need to get myself a small analogue mixer with send returns for the tr-8 and compressor and a cue so I can hear with headphones then route audio to aux input on s4 mk2 and not loose a deck or can I do this without another mixer for send/returns and send the tr8s audio straight to the compressor then to the live input deck b so I loose a deck but gain a channel with cue ect? I basically really want is a normal deck a and normal deck b a remix deck c for samples loops and capturing off either deck a or b and a remix deck d to capture my tr-8 which the audio will punch through the mix. I got a audio 8 sound card but want to try just use the s4 soundcard to keep it as minimal and simple as poss so I can use my set up on other people's laptops without too much hassle, HELP ME PLEASE SOMEBODY.
    Last edited by padi_04; 08-10-2016 at 08:47 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Couple of settings and you're good.

-set one deck as a Live Input and route drums into it.
    -enable Monitor Cue on that deck.
    -set CUE as a source input in the Loop Recorder.