Ableton Live 9 Intro mixing and sound design
    Tech Student

Question Ableton Live 9 Intro mixing and sound design

So guys I have the Intro edition of Ableton as Im a beginner, but I feel like Ive hit a brick wall. I was wondering if there is a way to cut out unwanted frequencies (40hz and lower)? I know that this is necessary for my beats to sound clean but can't figure out how to do it with intro, is it possible? Also I was wondering what people use instead of the eq 8 for changing their sounds up.

you could use auto filter to cut your lows, I cant remember if its available in intro or not, if not you could use the eq 3 and set your low frequency using the bottom left knob (I forget what its named) and use the gain to control the amount of the cut - on downside is you wont be able to control the steepness of the cut. I would recommend at least upgrading to standard if you can afford it, intro is very limited and it hits a brick wall pretty fast if you are attempting to making full tracks.
    As for changing sounds up it depends what sounds and to what (excuse the pun) effect. If you are focusing on beats recently I have been using the effect racks as parallel processor which gets some great results, especially with distortion, but I would of thought a lot of the features that enable you to do that would be cut out of the intro version

Use Autofilter.

Or, find a nice EQ VST that you can use in Intro instead:

Try KVR.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

im kinda floored that intro doesnt come with eq8... that's so silly. melda or blue cat will have an ok eq you can get for free

Yeah - I had to check. It surprised me too.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

eq is literally a staple in production and abletons eq8 is pretty smooth you would think they'd want to show off its versatility