Potential Traktor Music Management Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Potential Traktor Music Management Updates

Just saw this image in the DJTT blog, and I got very excited:

original.jpg

I don't think I could pick only 5 to be honest... Some of those are HUGE for me.

I'm especially interested in the "iTunes Playlist Sync". I'd LOVE it if Traktor would update the iTunes "Played" count tag, with in Traktor Plays...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Divide & conquer. They should have done all (or at least most) of those updates long time ago - instead they poured all of their time and money into stems/remix and blocked all other manufacturers from Traktor.
    Now, when #futureofdjing didn't pan out the way they thought it would, they dangle that list in front of users hoping you would be entertained and hyped for the next release and don't jump ship to RekordboxDJ or SeratoDJ.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Impressive, and well-needed list of features, for sure, but does seem a bit late-to-the game. Hopefully we'll hear something more concrete soon.

Been waiting for most of those changes for years but I think they, at the moment, should focus on stability of the software as many of us experianced music pauses, glitches, pops etc. For last several updates NI tried to introduce new functions to software which wasn't reliable. Stable software is vital for us to be professional performers.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

They should do this for the Controller Manager update many years ago as well.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Divide & conquer. They should have done all (or at least most) of those updates long time ago - instead they poured all of their time and money into stems/remix and blocked all other manufacturers from Traktor.
    Now, when #futureofdjing didn't pan out the way they thought it would, they dangle that list in front of users hoping you would be entertained and hyped for the next release and don't jump ship to RekordboxDJ or SeratoDJ.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly and I'm already seeing a growing group of people who is making the switch (myself included). Anyway, it's good that they are finally waking up and actually getting some sort of interest on what people really need.

Tech Wizard

Yep, I've more or less made the switch over to RekordboxDJ over the last few months...
    I'd been holding onto my two Traktor D2s in case the Stems format took off, and we started seeing some more techno releases there, but it's not looking likely. I think I'll be selling those off soon, and going all-in Rekordbox.

Tech Guru

Traktor 3 should be finished and ready for release if NI have any hope of competing with Rekordbox in the next few years.

The Traktor browser is many years out of date, is broken in many ways, and is painful to use compared to other DJ software browsers.

The fact that they are asking for input, rather than already having finished a new browser to modern standards just says that they have no idea what they are doing, or what sort of software they want to make.

What the hell has happened to NI?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Traktor 3 should be finished and ready for release if NI have any hope of competing with Rekordbox in the next few years.

The Traktor browser is many years out of date, is broken in many ways, and is painful to use compared to other DJ software browsers.

The fact that they are asking for input, rather than already having finished a new browser to modern standards just says that they have no idea what they are doing, or what sort of software they want to make.

What the hell has happened to NI?
    Depending on when this survey was sent that's definitely not a good sign of development. That would mean that this is just at the discussion level for what they should improve, rather than something that's already being developed.

It is sad to see that their second attempt at "the future of DJing" (remix decks first, followed by stems) hasn't really taken off. It was an improvement in some ways over the remix decks but ultimately the issue still comes back to content. The whole point of stems is being able to mix and match other stem tracks for a new level of remixing, but if your main genres aren't well supported (hip-hop) or you can only find a few stem tracks you like than it's not very practical.

I imagine that developing stems took a lot of time and resources to develop, which means that things that people have been asking for i.e. better track management, just got pushed to the wayside in the hopes that Stems would be a killer feature.

It's amazing how quickly Rekordbox has been able to catch up simply by replicating features from Traktor and Serato and having the best track management system. There are so many smart things about their track management and it makes sense that people are willing to switch for it. Only some DJs may like or "need" stems but every DJ needs good track management to find and play the right song at the right time.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Depending on when this survey was sent that's definitely not a good sign of development. That would mean that this is just at the discussion level for what they should improve, rather than something that's already being developed.

It is sad to see that their second attempt at "the future of DJing" (remix decks first, followed by stems) hasn't really taken off. It was an improvement in some ways over the remix decks but ultimately the issue still comes back to content. The whole point of stems is being able to mix and match other stem tracks for a new level of remixing, but if your main genres aren't well supported (hip-hop) or you can only find a few stem tracks you like than it's not very practical.

I imagine that developing stems took a lot of time and resources to develop, which means that things that people have been asking for i.e. better track management, just got pushed to the wayside in the hopes that Stems would be a killer feature.

It's amazing how quickly Rekordbox has been able to catch up simply by replicating features from Traktor and Serato and having the best track management system. There are so many smart things about their track management and it makes sense that people are willing to switch for it. Only some DJs may like or "need" stems but every DJ needs good track management to find and play the right song at the right time.
    Yep, i dont think NI understand how poor their browser is.

They tell you to use Itunes for advanced playlisting, but Traktor doesnt support ALAC on Windows (7,8), so if you use ALAC files in Itunes then you cant use itunes in Traktor. You literally have to choose between audio quality and powerful playlisting, you dont get both.

Its kind of pathetic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast