Potential Traktor Music Management Updates - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

The coloured and named cue points is something I've been hoping for for 3 years...

I'm sure traktor still looks horrible on a retina display too... I've had one for 2 years now?

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Only some DJs may like or "need" stems but every DJ needs good track management to find and play the right song at the right time.
    Give this man a cookie!
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnyfav View Post
    The coloured and named cue points is something I've been hoping for for 3 years...

I'm sure traktor still looks horrible on a retina display too... I've had one for 2 years now?
    Yup, you can check the image below in full detail here but in all fairness Serato is still lacking in this front

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Yup, you can check the image below in full detail here but in all fairness Serato is still lacking in this front
    I know you guys want to feel better about dropping +1k on a retina laptop but be real: looks are the last thing that should be on the development list, as long as there are known bugs and missing big features

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I know you guys want to feel better about dropping +1k on a retina laptop
    No, not even close. All I'm saying is that they should support it seeing the number of people using Retina Macs these days, besides there are tons of Windows based laptops with high res displays as well. I'm not saying it should be a top priority, just that it's nice that RB already shipped with that bit sorted and I'm 100% on your side with stating they should fix the primary bugs and workflow improvements in needs and that's most likely why they haven't implemented it yet.
    Last edited by padi_04; 08-19-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    No, not even close. All I'm saying is that they should support it seeing the number of people using Retina Macs these days, besides there are tons of Windows based laptops with high res displays as well. I'm not saying it should be a top priority, just that it's nice that RB already shipped with that bit sorted and I'm 100% on your side with stating they should fix the primary bugs and workflow improvements in needs and that's most likely why they haven't implemented it yet.
    Yeah, if they hadn't tried to reinvent DJing with remix decks & stems you can bet your ass we would have it now including a superior keylock, track managment and everything else our little hearts desire.
    And I guess you are right about wanting new features (after all, you cannot stop adding new features completely until you are bug-free because that's not feasible) it's just... retina support really is a strictly visual thing. There are so many other features at this point that IMO they should start thinking about it only when their retina userbase becomes +50%. And I don't think they are up there yet (but it will be).

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Traktor 3 should be finished and ready for release if NI have any hope of competing with Rekordbox in the next few years.

The Traktor browser is many years out of date, is broken in many ways, and is painful to use compared to other DJ software browsers.

The fact that they are asking for input, rather than already having finished a new browser to modern standards just says that they have no idea what they are doing, or what sort of software they want to make.

What the hell has happened to NI?
    Then stop using it, and use the product you feel is better. It's that simple.

Tech Wizard

The new NI traktor update is pretty stable.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dj4ever View Post
    Then stop using it, and use the product you feel is better. It's that simple.
    Im sorry that my valid criticisms of a piece of DJ software trigger you.

Feel free to not read my posts, its that simple.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Im sorry that my valid criticisms of a piece of DJ software trigger you.

Feel free to not read my posts, its that simple.
    You've been complaining about traktor for months. Just switch to Pioneer already. People who actually DJ have already switched already.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast