Potential Traktor Music Management Updates - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dj4ever View Post
    You've been complaining about traktor for months. Just switch to Pioneer already. People who actually DJ have already switched already.
    Complaining = making evidence based criticisms in order to provoke discussion and improve the product.

So you actually came out and said not a single actual DJ is now using Traktor.

Are you trolling, or just simple?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Complaining = making evidence based criticisms in order to provoke discussion and improve the product.

So you actually came out and said not a single actual DJ is now using Traktor.

Are you trolling, or just simple?
    So you like pioneer but you bought a traktor controller and probably maschine. Go figure.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Can we stop the pointless pissing match and return to a constructive civilized discussion? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Yeah, if they hadn't tried to reinvent DJing with remix decks & stems....
    This something that to me is what differentiates Traktor from Serato & Rekordbox.

Native Instruments develops other software with an emphasis on music production and has always approached Traktor as a digital answer to DJing, which allows new avenues to pursue DJing that might be beyond what's limited by a "traditional" setup (where a traditional setup is two turntables/CDJs and a mixer)

On the otherhand, Serato vis-à-vis Scratch Live seemed to be more focused on the more traditional setup by at first introducing a product meant to be used in conjuncture with turntables and multiplayers. The same can be said about Rekordbox too because of the Pioneer lineage in creating CDJs, mixers, et al.

This isn't to say that these programs can only cater to a specific crowd. Just that the companies themselves may have different priorities based on their goals and values for innovation and creation.

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    This something that to me is what differentiates Traktor from Serato & Rekordbox.

Native Instruments develops other software with an emphasis on music production and has always approached Traktor as a digital answer to DJing, which allows new avenues to pursue DJing that might be beyond what's limited by a "traditional" setup (where a traditional setup is two turntables/CDJs and a mixer)

On the otherhand, Serato vis-à-vis Scratch Live seemed to be more focused on the more traditional setup by at first introducing a product meant to be used in conjuncture with turntables and multiplayers. The same can be said about Rekordbox too because of the Pioneer lineage in creating CDJs, mixers, et al.

This isn't to say that these programs can only cater to a specific crowd. Just that the companies themselves may have different priorities based on their goals and values for innovation and creation.
    Yeah, I agree. The only problem I see is that NI went "full retard" with it, and totaly ignored the needs of more "traditional" dj. As somebody said here, every DJ needs good track management and NI stoped developing it and instead pursued producer style features that didn't pan out the way they wanted.

Now, they could have done several thing to combat the more traditional DJ switching to Serato & Rekordbox without rushing to add missing features - like opened up support for third party hardware (stems available to map on non-NI hardware from the begining, less licencing money for Traktor certification, HID mode available for non-Pioneer CDJ's,...). They even made poor decision regarding stems that turned away some users (not enough back catalogue re-released in stems, holding on to stems APK for developers,..) Instead, they clinged on to their precious hardware sales not realising they are selling more units in the short term but hurting themselves in the long run.

Same as Serato, they took Pioneer's money for exclusive HID support of their CDJ's and now they are left hanging, they'll probably have to pay Pioneer for NXS2 support (because you know....Rekordbox DJ).
    What's even more funny, Denon (inMusic) is going the same route, developing Engine - and one of the reason for it was exactly the lack of support from Serato/Traktor(NI) (example: switching from SSL->SeratoDJ and not transfering support for Denon units)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Yeah, I agree. The only problem I see is that NI went "full retard" with it, and totaly ignored the needs of more "traditional" dj. As somebody said here, every DJ needs good track management and NI stoped developing it and instead pursued producer style features that didn't pan out the way they wanted.

Now, they could have done several thing to combat the more traditional DJ switching to Serato & Rekordbox without rushing to add missing features - like opened up support for third party hardware (stems available to map on non-NI hardware from the begining, less licencing money for Traktor certification, HID mode available for non-Pioneer CDJ's,...). They even made poor decision regarding stems that turned away some users (not enough back catalogue re-released in stems, holding on to stems APK for developers,..) Instead, they clinged on to their precious hardware sales not realising they are selling more units in the short term but hurting themselves in the long run.

Same as Serato, they took Pioneer's money for exclusive HID support of their CDJ's and now they are left hanging, they'll probably have to pay Pioneer for NXS2 support (because you know....Rekordbox DJ).
    What's even more funny, Denon (inMusic) is going the same route, developing Engine - and one of the reason for it was exactly the lack of support from Serato/Traktor(NI) (example: switching from SSL->SeratoDJ and not transfering support for Denon units)
    These are also really good points! It'll be interesting to see if everyone starts developing software alongside their hardware or vice versa, or if we'll see companies focus their energy in one direction and partner with someone else. Granted, both have vast pros and cons. But it'll be interesting to see going forward

Tech Guru

CUE POINT TAGGING and TRACK PAIRING ftw!!
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Wizard

Today's generation is producers who want to play their music live and DJ's like DJ Rafik who via native sessions says he wants to focus on production. The winner of master of the mix on vh 1 said he wants to focus on production. That's the route I think NI are going. It's mix between DJ/producer. Both go hand in hand and for big name DJ's like premier, pete rock, Mark Ronson that's the next logical step. But not everybody goes that route. I personally think pioneer/serato will follow later with live performer/producer/dj all in one.

Stems is something that just might not work out. NI tried an idea, and it just might not work. I have 1200's and the traktor D2 is hella fun. I'm sure Mr. Haver and the Traktor team have some kind of plan if things don't work out with stems. For the time being I'm going to wear out all my NI hardware.

yah i vote for track pairing and que point tags
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast