Need a good quality sounding 4 channel DJ mixer inside 1000$ - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    Do you mind elaborating on that? In a completely unrelated context, I'm looking at a DJM 750 myself (if a used one pops up). I've heard some gripes about it in terms of sound quality, but that aside, what are the advantages of the X1600?
    The x1600 is a fabulous mixer with a wonderful x-fader with innofader level cut in, is traktor scratch certified, has an input matrix (so. use. ful), has a great midi strip for traktor control, fantastic channel faders, the list goes on. Great sounding mixer too, supposedly allen and heath had a lot to do with its creation at the time (same parent company?).

Nice, clear, responsive metering, an fx loop, and access to the very cool beat breaker effect denon is known for. On par with / trumps the djm-850 in some respects.

Quote Originally Posted by lecroixboy View Post
    The x1600 is a fabulous mixer with a wonderful x-fader with innofader level cut in, is traktor scratch certified, has an input matrix (so. use. ful), has a great midi strip for traktor control, fantastic channel faders, the list goes on. Great sounding mixer too, supposedly allen and heath had a lot to do with its creation at the time (same parent company?).

Nice, clear, responsive metering, an fx loop, and access to the very cool beat breaker effect denon is known for. On par with / trumps the djm-850 in some respects.
    Recently had to search something in the X1600 manual for a friend....the number of setting a user can adjust is....WOW
    Just for mic you can setup the routing for booth, ducking level, response speed and crossover points for the EQ. I honestly did not know you can set your custom EQ points on it, let alone for the mic. Just look at the list:
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Thanks to both for the quick replies! I'm not really in the game for a new mixer (I just like to think I am) but I'll def consider that an option

Does Denon 1600 have endless rotary encoder that can be mapped for scrolling tracks? Any way to map transport controls? Load track button?

Quote Originally Posted by lecroixboy View Post

Thank you for all the replies.
    The Denon 1600 seems to be the top choice for a mixer under 1000$.
    However, at the place where i'm located, the price of a 1600 is slightly higher. Its somewhere around 1250$.
    The DJM-750 is under 1000$, while the DJM-850 is around 1800$.

I guess ill have to do some more savings to get the 1600's.

Tech Wizard

A bit out side the box, but maybe consider a traktor s8. You can hook the xdj to it and use its internal mixer, and even have access to all the effects

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Does Denon 1600 have endless rotary encoder that can be mapped for scrolling tracks? Any way to map transport controls? Load track button?
    Yep, 4 of them.
    Anything grey on the mixer can be mapped.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by oneadnonlyzedd View Post
    Thank you for all the replies.
    The Denon 1600 seems to be the top choice for a mixer under 1000$.
    However, at the place where i'm located, the price of a 1600 is slightly higher. Its somewhere around 1250$.
    The DJM-750 is under 1000$, while the DJM-850 is around 1800$.

I guess ill have to do some more savings to get the 1600's.
    Mate, I'm in New Zealand. I did not get much change from $2000NZD (bought in 2012)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Yep, 4 of them.
    Those that say Param 1 2 3 4 ? Are they clickable?

And is there mono switch for the master? The x600 has it but I don't see it on x1600.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast