Grandmaster Flash Talks "The Theory" Of Being A HipHop DJ - A must see for all DJs
    Tech Wizard

Default Grandmaster Flash Talks "The Theory" Of Being A HipHop DJ - A must see for all DJs

An amazing video, where Grandmaster Flash tells the story and more how he started to DJ.

Great vid

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Power to the Geeks indeed.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Nice vid - good share
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Watched this last night, was a good watch!

I really, REALLY enjoyed it - but I just wish he was a little more humble about it.

I think he's stretching the truth a little where he implies that controllers are a result of what he was doing.

But, hats off to him - he IS a proper geek (one of us!), and definitely a scientist. he grafted for it, and he got it.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

What a legend though!
    Tommy Lewis | Fast, hard & Ultimate grooves, music matters. | SOUNDCLOUD > https://soundcloud.com/tommylewisdj

Superb stuff; nicely illustrates how much that we as DJ's now take for granted, was originally created by this one man, when he was a 16 year old kid!

In my mind legend does not even come close. He basically created a genre, that became a culture, that became an industry. He was point zero for so much, it is crazy.
    Technics 1200 x2 | Pioneer XDJ-1000 x2 | Pioneer DJM-900SRT | Mukatsuku Record Weights x2 | Serato DJ | Rekordbox | Pioneer EFX-500 | Ableton Live 9 | Push | Roland TR-8 | Roland TB-3 | Roland System-1 | Korg MS-10 | Akai MPC-2500 | Mackie Onyx 1620i | Apogee Duet | MOTU Micro Lite | Tapco S-8 Monitors
    www.slidingdownthebanister.com www.facebook.com/SlidingDownTheBanister

Awesome vid.

Vinyl was what fascinated me about dj'ing. As a kid I played my albums on an Alba mono all-in-one with built in speaker. Then when I saw what the dj's were doing it was just amazing what they were creating with two turntables and a cross fader. I had worked in 48 track studios with some of the first sampling keyboards, but using vinyl and turntables to do stuff you normally needed expensive recording equipment to achieve was just the biz. THAT was the magic!!

If you ever go to a vinyl 'cut' and look at the grooves under the microscope you will see a mass of higgledy-piggeldy wonky grooves. Bass makes the groove go fat and deep and swings the groove out, whereas treble is tiny, fast shallow cuts. Stereo width makes the head cut deep. When you think of a playback stylus being dragged through these varying grooves veering off in varying lateral and vertical directions to record the music, you just wonder how it is possible for records to be mixed at the same tempo. It's still a wonder to me :
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

I saw this post and I think I've watched this video 4-5 since then, thanks for sharing man.
    MBP 13" | Midifighter | Launchpad | MPK Mini