Holy Crizap

Thread: Holy Crizap

Default Holy Crizap

I dont log into service center for 6 months and now we are on Traktor 2.10.3! What did I miss. lol
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Stems. A waste of time.

Nothing, stick with 2.6.8
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

is there a traktor 3 (or whatever) coming?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    Nothing, stick with 2.6.8
    2.10.3 is actually a perfectly usable and stable release, for the first time since 2.6.8.

Only took NI i think about 15 releases inbetween to get something stable lols.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    is there a traktor 3 (or whatever) coming?
    I think NI are having desperate conversations about how to stay relevant after having their lunch cut by Pioneer with Rekordbox.

They should have released T3 with updated everything last year.

I personally think half their market will have moved on to other things by the time they pull their finger out.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    I think NI are having desperate conversations about how to stay relevant after having their lunch cut by Pioneer with Rekordbox.

They should have released T3 with updated everything last year.

I personally think half their market will have moved on to other things by the time they pull their finger out.
    I saw in the other thread about how they dropped the ball and got there. So what's next for Traktor? I am pretty much retired from playing out so I have no need to upgrade anything so I have never really thought about the future of the software? I am curious to see what NI does next.

(cue the stems hate from loverocket)

DJ software can only do so much...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I saw in the other thread about how they dropped the ball and got there. So what's next for Traktor? I am pretty much retired from playing out so I have no need to upgrade anything so I have never really thought about the future of the software? I am curious to see what NI does next.

(cue the stems hate from loverocket)

DJ software can only do so much...
    To be honest I just want the browsing features that Itunes had 10 years ago.

Secondary sorting, smart playlists. A browser that remembers where you were instead of bouncing you all around the file structure when you click on things. Configurable GUI, so I can design my actual own perfect DJ layout.

Configurable layouts for NHL and HID. NI is pathetic when it comes to industry support and there are still several major CDJs that Traktor doesnt support. Tiny developers like Mixvibes seem to put out HID maps the week after a controller releases. NI makes it far to obvious that they want to lock you into their ecosystem at times.

I dont even use keylock or sync or much fx. I just want DJ software that actually has an excellent front end for its database.

Agile teams can implement this basic stuff in a week. NI just dont want to, or care about having modern DJ software at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    NI is pathetic when it comes to industry support and there are still several major CDJs that Traktor doesnt support. Tiny developers like Mixvibes seem to put out HID maps the week after a controller releases.
    I gotta ask about this. Can you give a example because I don't remember Mixvibes supporting CDJ's from non-Pioneer manufacturers. They do release regular midi mappings for controllers that they implement in the next official software release (even if it's user made) but HID is something quite different.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2