how to use keyboard shortcuts in traktor pro / traktor scratch pro?

Default how to use keyboard shortcuts in traktor pro / traktor scratch pro?

Hi all, quick hello to the community. I just signed up and am fairly new to the digital world of djing. Used to spin vinyl back in the days then lost djing and now am trying to understand what has changed and how things are done in 2016.

So I have Trakor Scratch Pro and am having a somewhat hard time figuring out the basics. Did use mixxx for a little bit but somewhat got tired of the laggy performance and UI issues it still has.

There is this nice cheatsheet of keyboard shortcuts for traktor:

http://imgur.com/RgLTOwk

But how do I enable that? Under settings > Controller Manager I set "Generic Keyboard" for device and "Keyboard" for In-Port.

But that leaves me with an empty assignment table. Should I expect something to show up there?

If anybody can explain how to enable and use those keyboard shortcuts, that would be highly appreciated.

Thx!

Empty assignment table is like a blank canvas for the creation of a midi map and if it's empty, it means that you don't have any shortcuts for your keyboard.
    On your blank template,
    Click MIDI IN, and a list of command menus will appear, select what command you want a shortcut for, click 'LEARN' and put in whatever key you want to conduct that control, remember you will have to do most of these commands for each deck you want to use, remember to select this deck on the shortcut mapping. Global (controls that are not deck focused) don't need this option, and can remain on 'focus' These can be very simple or very intricate a modifier would be like a shift key or similar. Once you get the basics down, and try some trial and error aspects of the mapping, you'll start to see how it all works, it then becomes a rather enjoyable thing to do.. good luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

The keyboard mapping is enabled by default, it's called "Traktor Scratch 2 default mapping". If you deleted it by mistake, go to Add > Import TSI > Import Other... > Default Settings > Keyboard and import the mapping you want.