Ableton Push 2 or NI Maschine Studio?
    Tech Convert

Default Ableton Push 2 or NI Maschine Studio?

Hi Everyone!

Now i have idea - produce simple Tech, Deep and Club House tracks at my home studio..
    I just want to know - what equipment better for that?

Ableton Push 2 or Native Instruments Maschine Studio?

62483_ableton-push-2-photo.jpg OR Maschine-Studio.jpg

Also i want to know - what inside the BOX? Is it Software there? What version? Any additional sample banks?

So.. Any information or experience - what You have, and share with Me - will be very important.

THX!

depends on the bundle you get

Basic is:

Maschine with maschine software and 8 gb of diffrent sounds, dumkits etc etc

Ableton Push wit ableton live intro with a small selection of sounds.

For the a little more then the new price of maschine studio you can buy ableton pust with live suite (all the sounds) but for deep tech and club house you might want to look out for diffrent sounds and samples..i own both buth my go to is ableton for now ..

Also if you own maschine you are eligible for crossgrades
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

I use Maschine Mikro Mk2 and i think its good. I like Maschine soft , and i never use ableton, because i dont know about Push

Can Toraiz be a better choice?

No i dont think so, more money and no daw, nice for playing live and use in dj sets but ableton and maschine are so much more
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

The Maschine Studio is far more instantly gratifying, you can use it in standalone mode, sit with it on your couch and forget about the laptop. You can come up with ideas very rapidly and IMO the sample/chop/resample workflow is quicker. When you combine it with Komplete it really is awesome how you can quickly browse for any type of instrument/sound your heart desires. Also that you can see the piano roll/sequencer notes on the screens itself.

Some down sides to consider with Maschine is that for melodic parts you may want to supplement the MS controller with some other keyboard and that for arranging, putting in automation curves etc and ultimately finishing a track you will have an easier time in a proper DAW like Ableton.

The Push 2 on the other hand seems better to be though of as extension of the Ableton UI, not a replacement. There are some things that can be done without looking at the laptop but I don't think its optimal. The ability to use is as a multi-octave keyboard replacement with its in key modes etc is great. Also the ability to load a stock Ableton instrument and do sound design using the controller is pretty cool. I feel like Ableton encourages you to take more care to load up/create exactly what instrument you want vs Maschine/Komplete where you can go crazy quickly loading up presets. Even though the NI instrument parameters are pre-mapped on Maschine I don't think they are very intuitive for from-scratch sound design.

The Ableton software is undoubtedly more powerful if you are prepared to put in the work to learn that (it's deep) and do some laptop editing. But if having to put in that work kills your flow maybe getting ideas out on a groovebox first is not a bad thing.

Lastly and very importantly NI have been super slow to release updates for Maschine in the last couple of years (to the point that there are revolts on the user forums https://www.native-instruments.com/f...munity.270814/) as opposed to Ableton who seem to be trucking along updating Push 2. Take into account that my comments above are based on having both and more experience with MS. If I had nothing and was going to purchase one today I think I would go for P2.

Having owned both (now only Push) I totally agree with beisi. Nice summary, you've hit the nail on the head!
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

new toy to consider in this question: together with any maschine a nice combo....https://www.native-instruments.com/e.../maschine-jam/
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud