Question about using X:One 92 with Computer Speakers (for now)

Default Question about using X:One 92 with Computer Speakers (for now)

I've been gifted a X:One 92 by a friend and I am still using PC speakers at the moment. I'm wondering if someone can help me with getting the mixer to setup with my PC speakers. Currently I run a NI S4 that converts the RCA out to an 1/8", typical computer speaker plug that plugs into the computer and from there I get sound out of the computer speakers.

My question is, the XONE 92 uses XLR out (and TRS I believe). I'm wondering about the best way to get sound from my PC speakers. Is there some way to adapt the XLR or TRS to RCA to my single 1/8" (I think) PC speaker cord so that I can plug it into the back of my computer (soundcard) so that it will play through my computer speakers until I figure out a better setup?

Just wanted to add I have been reading the manual, but I am somewhat of a noob, so I am a little bit unsure of the whole XLR vs TRS and the issue with balanced vs unbalanced. I just don't know what will work once I get everything plugged in.

For reference these are the PC speakers I use at the moment and my PC does have a sound card.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000062VUO...technical-data

I plan on using this until I get can upgrade my sound setup.

Quote Originally Posted by sloanre View Post
    Is there some way to adapt the XLR or TRS to RCA to my single 1/8" (I think) PC speaker cord so that I can plug it into the back of my computer (soundcard) so that it will play through my computer speakers until I figure out a better setup?
    You probably can but it will sound like crap (going in and out of the cheap pc souncard). Plug your speakers directly into the mixer's booth output (xone manual states it's ok to do it) using this cable:
    https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1cRfQM...-to-Female.jpg (note it has TS not TRS jacks)

You can also use a similar cable/adapter but with 2xRCA instead of jacks on the "record" output of your mixer. That would probably be the safest way, the only downside is then you cannot adjust loudness on the mixer, only on the speakers.

PS I want a friend like that
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2