Playing this weekend and not sure if I'll know how to get my equipment set up...help! - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by snapandslide View Post
    Well I got around to listening to your mix - and i enjoyed it! I was listening while working and so I judge by whether anything breaks up my rhythm while 'in the zone'. I didn't notice too much jarring. I thought your selection was better in the first 45 mins or so, the one thing I'd say it lacked a bit of build in the last 20-25 mins. I guess I expect a bit more of a climax.

But not bad at all mate!
    Thanks so much!

Yeah I think the climax was too early. There were a four higher tempo, trance tracks that I played (between 126-129 bpm), and they were mostly pretty early on. I actually don't normally play that kind of music but they were a few classics from over the years that I love and think that anybody would enjoy. The rest was mostly progressive house at about 122, so maybe I couldn't quite reach the energy of those trance tracks no matter what I played. Like I thought there was one last peak with the third to last song, but maybe it didn't feel that way because it was slower and subtler than the trance tracks. But thanks for the feedback!

Tech Wizard

I gotta agree.. I could only listen to the first 40 mins, but it seemed a pretty good mix bud. A couple of tracks I wouldn't have played together, but hey we're all different

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ WadE View Post
    I gotta agree.. I could only listen to the first 40 mins, but it seemed a pretty good mix bud. A couple of tracks I wouldn't have played together, but hey we're all different
    Thanks! Would you mind sharing which ones though? Even if it's all subjective, I still think I'd benefit from hearing what other people didn't like (or liked).

I thought you did a really good job for your first public set. For recording purposes, I think you need to have your master up higher. On soundcloud, I had to turn the volume way up on my computer to hear your mix. The house mixer's master must have been way up and that's why your master was so low?

Quote Originally Posted by GRS View Post
    I thought you did a really good job for your first public set. For recording purposes, I think you need to have your master up higher. On soundcloud, I had to turn the volume way up on my computer to hear your mix. The house mixer's master must have been way up and that's why your master was so low?
    Should just normalise the mix before uploading to soundcloud tbh
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by GRS View Post
    Thanks. As far as where I had the gains on my controller and the mixer, I can't remember, it was a few weeks ago. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Should just normalise the mix before uploading to soundcloud tbh
    You mean open it in a program like Audacity and increase the volume?

Quote Originally Posted by dolcem View Post
    Thanks. As far as where I had the gains on my controller and the mixer, I can't remember, it was a few weeks ago. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

You mean open it in a program like Audacity and increase the volume?
    Audacity has a normalisation plugin under the effects menu item. Set the maximum amplitude to -0.1dB.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

The story of the party is epic !

I'm not a professional DJ but i think what is the most difficult is to not to fall into music that you have to listen to enjoy, not music that you can enjoy instantly.... I don't know if i'm clear but it's like everything, when you spend time and become more qualify, you start to enjoy things that are not reachable for other people. I have awesome music, but i know i can't play thoses song to an average crowd because they don't care.

That must be good to become a DJ that people listen to because you're good, like "if he's playing this, it must be good so i better listen to it.."

"if he's playing this, it must be good so i better listen to it.."
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    lol what can possibly bothers you ?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast