Max For Live

Thread: Max For Live

Default Max For Live

After discovering Max for Live, I have finally converted form FL Studio to Ableton.

What are your go to Max Devices and why?

SO far I use envelope follower constantly as a peak controller.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

There is a great wide room effect in the MFL convolution verb. Have you used that?

Must say I haven't explored MFL as much as I should have.. I think they gave away a free synth with the latest release too.

There are some really nice M4L devices, although I haven't explored many. Lately though, since getting into modular, there are some cool sequencers (Cartesian and Metropolis clones) and oscilloscopes (a tool I never really realized how useful it can be before modular, but that would help immensely in understanding what waveform an osc is putting out and a filter's effect on it) that I've been using.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

I've managed to play with most of the presets in the MFL convulution verb now.. I'd strongly recommend checking them out. Loads of nice effects and easy to tailor to your needs.

The step sequencer is great! Here it is controlling a 303-sounding Massive patch: