Trying to decide.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by overcast
    I don't know if I believe you. I bet next you're going to tell me someone played the drum breaks of their parent's old soul and funk records and that made a new genre of music. Fat chance that'd happen!
    You very nearly got me then mate!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    Since when did Rekordbox become the industry standard. I'd say serato held more of that title today.
    What? Rekord box is everywhere.

OP, i'd go for the rekordbox version if you plan on playing out anywhere. A majority of clubs etc have Pioneer kit, unless you're going to places that let you plug what you want in. If thats the case, go for what you feel comfortable with.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Since when did Rekordbox become the industry standard. I'd say serato held more of that title today.
    Since they launched a platform that can be used to prepare and play the same set on a $200 controller or $4000 CDJ club install? It's about as close to "industry standard" as you can get these days (without shelling out for CDJ's at home).

Huh. Still have yet to see anyone using it out in the wild. guess it's a matter of time then, cheers

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Huh. Still have yet to see anyone using it out in the wild. guess it's a matter of time then, cheers
    Kinda the point of it :P if they are using CDJ's in a club they are probably using rekordbox anyhow to prepare stuff at home*

*even pre-rekordbox controllers
    Last edited by deevey; 09-23-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Yeah I understand that's their intention. Yet all these DJs in my area using Pio gear / CDJs won't go near it.

I'm sure it has it's user base.

Yet all these DJs in my area using Pio gear / CDJs won't go near it.
    Why? And won't go near it in Performance mode, or in Prep mode? because those are two different beasts

People are either using Traktor or Serato live. I have no idea what they're doing for prep - but noone I know uses RB for prep.

Who knows though, maybe 100 miles from here there's a city where everyone uses it for all I know. I guess there must be if people are referring to it as industry standard

RB is the standard because that is what the CDJs have onboard. Which CDJ2000s are the standard basically making RB standard by default. Serato is second as a lot of people use the SL boxes but even then its not even close

From what i can gather in this thread, seems like Recordbox is the software to be comfortable with if you plan on playing clubs where they dont let you use your own gear.
    I dont play clubs (mobile) but all the stuff ive ever seen in this part of the USA uses Serato pretty religiously. Which is why I use it myself.

Im always pro-Adaptability. Do whatever you can to be able to work in any environment. For me that ment that id have music on a usb/storage device, as well as my laptop handy. So if you have the means to work with both, work with both. Wont hurt anything. except maybe your wallet
    Simplicity is Beautiful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast