Should I Buy a Gemini CDMP-7000 or Numark Mixdeck Quad 4-Channel?
    Tech Student

Default Should I Buy a Gemini CDMP-7000 or Numark Mixdeck Quad 4-Channel?

Hi! So, I'm looking into purchasing a Gemini CDMP-7000. I'm not advanced at DJing and don't have a big budget, so i want this mixer to last me a while. Just looking to practice more and have a semi pro system. The reason I'm looking at this system is because I want to be able to DJ without a laptop so I can learn how to do so. I eventual want to DJ clubs and bars, so I'm looking to get the best experience I can with equipment like I would use at clubs and such.

However, a friend from the wedding DJ company I currently work at told me not to buy Gemini because Gemini was crap or something along those lines, hehe. Yet, I have really seen nothing but positive reviews for this system. He told me also I should get the Numark Mixdeck Quad 4-Channel instead. Thoughts? Thanks in advanced.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I eventual want to DJ clubs and bars, so I'm looking to get the best experience I can with equipment like I would use at clubs and such.
    Firstly: laptops ARE used in clubs and bars extensively, so I would not let that put you off learning on a decent laptop based unit.

Personally at this point though I'd go with any controller that is Rekordbox compatible - laptop or not, meaning you can simply prepare your set on a USB key using whatever controller you are using at home.

Save up and spend an extra few dollars and get something decent first time round or you'll kick yourself in a few months time (I wish someone had told me that when I started).

Both the Numark and the Gemini units are both pretty crappy and unless you are actually planning on using Physical CD's - alot of dead weight. Resale value is also around zero.

if you even remotely think you want perform in front of a crowd for djing, dont get the gemini cdjs. the cheapest pioneer controller and laptop is exactly what you need. however i do have a weekly residency and i use a gemini slate 4. its with held a decent beating and still working