Back in time... Retro DVS with TraktorFS 1.5 & 2.0

Default Back in time... Retro DVS with TraktorFS 1.5 & 2.0

Evening all, I'm a Traktor Scratch Pro 2.10.2.9 user with the Audio 10 interface on a late 2014 Mac Mini & all is well, love it.

A couple of months ago I did a gig and dragged all my setup out and vowed to get a separate rig just for gigs. Well, I bought another pair of techs & a mixer and was looking at a new lappy to run things but was low on funds. I started looking around and thought I wonder if I can get an old lappy and a Stanton scratch amp cheaply.

Well, I bought a mint condition, boxed PowerBook G4, a Stanton TraktorFS 1.5 AND 2 scratch amp with vinyl control records, all leads & power etc for a grand total of £60!!

Well, I had no software with it and have hunted down the Traktor FS2 software to install on Tiger 10.4.11. Started to install great until it asked for the dreaded serial number. So I checked the bottom of the amp & there it is! Problem is, 3 of the numbers have been scratched off. Original owner has no note of it.

So, is there any way round this to get the whole thing going? Being as there is no way I can get a new serial from NI, I can't get it from the owner. After some research, I found that Traktor DJ Studio v 3.2 was the last one to support the FS2 scratch amp, so that would be great if someone's got that!

I promise I'll do a nice youtube video showing it all working if someone can help!!!

Or does anyone have TraktorFS1.5? The 1.5 amp has the serial number fully visible so I only need an installer for OS X.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by padi_04; 10-31-2016 at 02:06 PM.
    2 x Technic SL1210 mk2s, MacBook 2ghz/2GB RAM/OS X 10.5.4, iMac Aluminium 2GHZ/2GB/OS X 10.5.4 & Windows XP Pro both running Traktor DJ STudio 3.4 & Traktor Scratch, Logic Pro 8, Reason 4, M Audio MK149cmk2 MIDI keyboard, Audio 8 DJ with data encoded vinyl, 2 TB Mp3s & about 1500 vinyls

Try if mixxx software works.

I own Traktor FS and Traktor FS 1.5, however I don't see download buttons in my registered products section, so I could contact NI to get that. I bought the original Traktor Scratch as a Crossgrade from Traktor FS, so I still need to own the serial number for it, but you're welcome to use it, as long as you don't try to register it. Let me know.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

DJTT is agains all forms of media piracy so please refrain from asking again for a crack in the forums.

If the old owner didn't unregister the serial number from his NI account you are still back at square one since you can't request the serial to be transferred to you, only the previous owner can.

You could take on Clayton's request and use his serial to install and update the app. Once you are done contact NI to unregister so he can regain ownership.

Needless to say this would be between you guys, we don't take any responsibility if Waxer keeps the serial so we trust in your good judgement to make this work nicely for both of you.
    Last edited by padi_04; 10-31-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks for the help! First off I must say that I am in no way asking for a crack, all my NI stuff has been bought and registered and I will gladly buy what I want! So, from what you say, i could maybe use your installer to get it going then contact NI for a purchased serial?

Any help appreciated, seems such a waste when all the kit works perfectly!