Denon Mc3000 with Mac - need driver?
    Tech Convert

Default Denon Mc3000 with Mac - need driver?

Hi Guys,

I have recently had a Mac gifted to me and wanted to try it out with my Denon MC3000. As I understand, the Mac is not compatible with the ASIO driver? I plugged in my controller and opened up Traktor Pro 2 on the Macbook (El Capitan OS 10.11.6) and the computer seemed to not recognize the controller?

Any specifics on how to setup a controller for Mac?

Thanks in advance for your help

Try on an older OS version, mc3000 was discountinued before el capitan was around. way before...
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Try on an older OS version, mc3000 was discountinued before el capitan was around. way before...
    The Denon is Core Audio / Core Midi - there should be no need for drivers or compatibility problems. They even work with an iPad and are officially supported.

Try this.
    Go to Applications / utilities / Audio Midi Setup.

Click Window > Show Audio Devices. The Denon Should show up on the left as a sound source (might be usb audio xxx) .

If yes, close and continue.

Click Window > Show Midi Studio. Does the Denon show up in here somewhere ?

If yes, close and continue.

If No use the dropdown menu beside Icon size and select new configuration.

See if it works.

If you can see the Denon in audio midi setup, but just not in Traktor then it might be a Traktor issue. Try some different DJ software and see if that works e.g. Mixxx (free).
    Last edited by deevey; 09-23-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    The Denon is Core Audio / Core Midi - there should be no need for drivers or compatibility problems. They even work with an iPad and are officially supported.
    Good call
    I somehow missed that el capitan compatibility chart
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

Cheers for the reply guys. I have it working now. As Deevey said, I had to add it as an audio device.

Although once I got it functioning and the computer recognized it, each song I played had a high pitch noise in the background.. could be my speakers or the audio setup.. need to try on some other speakers soon

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by dhowe45 View Post
    Cheers for the reply guys. I have it working now. As Deevey said, I had to add it as an audio device.

Although once I got it functioning and the computer recognized it, each song I played had a high pitch noise in the background.. could be my speakers or the audio setup.. need to try on some other speakers soon
    Nice one

If its a laptop - try it without the power adaptor plugged in. Check the bitrate in the Audio prefs and check your cables to start with.

Tech Convert

Default Denon DJ MC3000

I am using the Denon MC3000 since more than 3 year on my mac with traktor and it works pretty fine. It s also good to route the audio output even if we are not mixing, but using itunes or youtube. The soundcard of the controller is very nice, and I would advise to plug the speakers to the controller and not to the computer, to get a better sound