Traktor DDJ SZ Mapping - Slowing down Traktor - Need Help

Default Traktor DDJ SZ Mapping - Slowing down Traktor - Need Help

I use 2 XDJ 1000's and a Z2, and sometimes Kontrol S4 mk2.

Recently the DDJ-SZ mapping (pioneer official mapping) was installed on my computer. My Traktor layout customizations were factory reset and now it runs slow when I try to change layouts, open preferences etc. I deleted the mapping going through the preferences and it still runs slow.

My specs are as follows:
    MacBook Pro 15" Retina
    OSX 10.9.4
    16GB Ram
    1 TB SSD
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.10.0.13

I have an event on Sunday and need this fixed as soon as possible. What are my options?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Multiple mapping devices installed can indeed slow down Traktor an even make it to crash. But if you have each TSI deleted your Traktor should get back to normal

1st thing. Reinstall Traktor sounds like the settings file is corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Multiple mapping devices installed can indeed slow down Traktor an even make it to crash. But if you have each TSI deleted your Traktor should get back to normal

1st thing. Reinstall Traktor sounds like the settings file is corrupted.
    Can't he just delete that Traktor setting file and let Traktor create it again, I remeber that being a cure for some problems with Traktor?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Can't he just delete that Traktor setting file and let Traktor create it again...
    I already suggested that

If that doesn't work than the setting is corrupted and Traktor needs a reinstallation.

Thanks for the answers guys...

I am out of the box user... I only use the factory mappings for Traktor. It just slowed down once I installed the Pioneer official driver and mapping.

I solved the problem. I uninstalled the Pioneer mapping and driver. I also ran the set up wizard for my current controllers while they were connected, 1st with the Kontrol S4 then I connected the XDJ's with the Z2 and ran the wizard with that set up. Now everything works perfectly and I didn't have to reinstall Traktor. It's been tested/used at a gig and not one single issue.