Help with my new set up

Default Help with my new set up

Hi all new to the site and heard this was a good place to get advice on what I need so I hope to hear from all of you
    So I am making a transition from using a traktor to using i guess you would call it a "live" set up. I recently purchased a brand new akai mpd 232 as the first piece to my new set up. While it did come with ableton live i feel like I am going to end up using the traktor software in the end because of its beat grid and cue points. However besides that I am trying to piece together what else i might need such as a mixer and audio interface. One mixer I was looking at was the numark m6 because its an affordable 4 channel mixer although i am unsure if it is compatible with traktor. For this set up im inspired by upcoming bass artists such as bleep bloop, space jesus, yheti, and G Jones (mentioned that as a reference) but that just wraps up my situation, all advice is welcome and I hope to hear from you all soon.

just get a good mixer with a soundcard in it. itll cost you more but you dont wanna be the guy rocking numark gear with your live set.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    just get a good mixer with a soundcard in it. itll cost you more but you dont wanna be the guy rocking numark gear with your live set.
    I've taken the time to log in and quote this because I've never heard such crap in all my life.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by epicjuicebox View Post
    However besides that I am trying to piece together what else i might need such as a mixer and audio interface. One mixer I was looking at was the numark m6 because its an affordable 4 channel mixer although i am unsure if it is compatible with traktor.
    Numark M6 would only can take one input via USB. You're going to need a soundcard if you want multiple channels coming from Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazbumpa View Post
    I've taken the time to log in and quote this because I've never heard such crap in all my life.
    So I take that I shouldnt take that advice seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    Numark M6 would only can take one input via USB. You're going to need a soundcard if you want multiple channels coming from Traktor.
    I went ahead and did some more research and i was looking at purchasing either a traktor z2 or z1 although i would like some opinions on that, both have a built in sound card as well :]