Now on traktor: ableton link and a step sequencer for the remix decks.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

NOpe, just ableton running in stepmode drums and traktor...locked tight had some issues running in tempo sync mode, where it went out of sync playing different loops, this seems ok in beat sync mode,
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

never got jack audio to work gave up..link is just for syncing right ? no audio
    Would like to dabble with audio through ableton , on the other hand i allready got the db4 effects and traktor...getting way to complicated ...
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

link in action ...
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Guys,

Just a small heads up that NI has their own forum for public beta testing so please post all your feedback in there and let's use this thread only for feature suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    We can do that already by routing audio OUT of Traktor and into Live using Jack Audio Router - the problem has always been keeping Live and Traktor tempo sync'd so that you can use beat sync'd Live FX on Traktors output.

With some luck, this Link thing will keep Traktor and Live tempo locked, meaning we CAN use Lives FX on Traktor decks. And a bunch of other very exciting things. Live FX/VST's is really just the tip of the iceberg.
    I've only had a very quick play, but Link seems to work really well. There's no master sync, so either software can control the tempo and it stays together. Personally, I don't use any sort of sync between Ableton and Traktor (I match the BPMs and use the tempo nudge in Ableton), but this opens up some cool options for groups of DJs jamming with Serato, Traktor, and any other Link enabled software.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Looks very cool, how do the D2's get on with the 8 pads for the step sequencer? When I saw the mail come through last night I thought "awesome, its about time......but 8 pads for a step sequencer seems a little on the tight side" I will be sitting down over the weekend and getting my teeth into this

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chael View Post
    Looks very cool, how do the D2's get on with the 8 pads for the step sequencer? When I saw the mail come through last night I thought "awesome, its about time......but 8 pads for a step sequencer seems a little on the tight side" I will be sitting down over the weekend and getting my teeth into this
    It is arranged so you will have two scenes of 8 pads that you can choose from so at the and you'd still be able to access all 16 steps from the controller.

So - can we capture a loop and "slice" to the remix deck slots, then use the step sequencer on the slices???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

What about Link between Ableton Live & Traktor on the same machine???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Just start both Ableton and Traktor, click the Link button in both programs and they will link immediately. Change the BPM in either program and the other one follows.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast