Now on traktor: ableton link and a step sequencer for the remix decks.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Has anyone figured out a way to Slice from a playing Track Deck to a Remix Deck for sequencing in Traktor?
    Stewe did something, I did something too and some others I guess.
    The way I did it was to create a modifier engine 'fueled' by the beat phase output and so, some rows of modifiers incremented themselves and go back as a cycle, then using a 'start' button to initiate the sequence, consecutive loops (I had a command set up to change the loop length) were created and stored in a column of a remix deck. Once the chosen sequence was finished you were able to play each loop as a remix cell (and pushing each corresponding button closed the volume fader for say deck a - the main track while opening the volume fader for the remix deck and the opposite on release).
    In the end that's a custom feature I didn't really play with a lot so I ditched the mapping. If my subjective view, if you wanna slice and play different parts, the slicer effect is fine for that as long as you're happy with 8 beats. I also usually played only one or two 'slices', I wasn't very 'musically fluent' with it if that makes sense. And to get back to a specific moment and going back to the main flow of the track, I guess the flux mode filled my need. Then came the built in slicer mode so... I moved to other things/mappings. The idea however to pull it back came recently, thinking I could add some pitch tone action to this? But I know I'm not going to be that interested in the end so my motivation went out of the window as fast as it came ^^.
    Last edited by Yul; 10-13-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Stewe did something, I did something too and some others I guess.
    The way I did it was to create a modifier engine 'fueled' by the beat phase output and so, some rows of modifiers incremented themselves and go back as a cycle, then using a 'start' button to initiate the sequence, consecutive loops (I had a command set up to change the loop length) were created and stored in a column of a remix deck. Once the chosen sequence was finished you were able to play each loop as a remix cell (and pushing each corresponding button closed the volume fader for say deck a - the main track while opening the volume fader for the remix deck and the opposite on release).
    In the end that's a custom feature I didn't really play with a lot so I ditched the mapping. If my subjective view, if you wanna slice and play different parts, the slicer effect is fine for that as long as you're happy with 8 beats. I also usually played only one or two 'slices', I wasn't very 'musically fluent' with it if that makes sense. And to get back to a specific moment and going back to the main flow of the track, I guess the flux mode filled my need. Then came the built in slicer mode so... I moved to other things/mappings. The idea however to pull it back came recently, thinking I could add some pitch tone action to this? But I know I'm not going to be that interested in the end so my motivation went out of the window as fast as it came ^^.
    This is exactly what I did too but the problem is that the track is getting sliced in a real time. There is much simpler solution if you use MIDI Pipe app which let's you program multiple MIDI events - also Bome's MIDI Translator should allow you do a same thing if there's PC involved.

Hey can you pass me some one shots remix decks plz? @Yul

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Updated thread title since 2.11 is live.

Quote Originally Posted by AtmaInfection View Post
    Hey can you pass me some one shots remix decks plz? @Yul
    At the bottom of this page.

Hi guys!! has anyone tried to map a "generic midi" controller to the step sequencer in traktor. I understand that with the "add in" you set the command for putting the step and with the out you set the tipical effect of the step. The current step blinks then turned.off than the other... Ecc ecc... To map correctly we have to set the right midi range in the midi controller.. Has anyone found the right formula?
    DiJ/Producer
    2 Xone K2 - Maschine - Traktor Pro 2.6.8 - Ableton Live 9 Push - Xone DB2 - MBP13 Late 2011 i7 - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 "
    Ableton Live 9 Certificate User
    http://www.facebook.com/Effenem

I didn't, but if you import the f1 mapping, you can check what are those commands and leds out ones.
    It's quite a "standard" mapping, with a lot of work as there are many commands to create but you easily reproduce it (not duplicate^^).
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    This is exactly what I did too but the problem is that the track is getting sliced in a real time. There is much simpler solution if you use MIDI Pipe app which let's you program multiple MIDI events - also Bome's MIDI Translator should allow you do a same thing if there's PC involved.

I would Recomend Lemur app, any kind of multiple MIDI events are possible .

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

when you import the f1 step seq mapping, you need to set it up in user mode and then it will run properly, but you will be unable to use your 1 or 2 mapping on midi page. You alos need to disconnect thes mapping with set it to non if you not want your F1 looks a christmais tree blinking from everytwere :-))
    If you run in midi mode, sequencer is working but you will not be able to run rmx deck control.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo91 View Post
    Hi guys!! has anyone tried to map a "generic midi" controller to the step sequencer in traktor. I understand that with the "add in" you set the command for putting the step and with the out you set the tipical effect of the step. The current step blinks then turned.off than the other... Ecc ecc... To map correctly we have to set the right midi range in the midi controller.. Has anyone found the right formula?
    You can take a peek at the F1 User map for the answer, there is a new modifier that listens to the active step of the sequence, meaning you'll need 16 out commands for every single step you want to assign to your device for each of the 4 slots. It's dead boring but it works just fine. We'll have the 3D mapping along with a video showing it in action early next week.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast