[Rotary] Set up
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Rotary] Set up

Default [Rotary] Set up

Hi all,

I was wondering if you can validate my future configuration, i ordered a DJR400 so that i can play my vinyl,i only have one turntable for now.

The DJR400 have four input, so the idea would for now to have 1 turntable in, and two inputs from my computer, so i can mix with the mixer. I was thinking maybe the audio 6 will do the trick.

So my turntable would be directly connect to the DJR, and the computer would have two input into the DJR via the audio 6. Like this image below but the mixer will be a DJR...

In result, three different input : turntable + left deck on traktor+ right deck on traktor..

Am i right?

I know everybody will say the DJR 400 is better with 2 turntable etc.. but i thought of this and better have a good rotary mixer sitting in my living room than a ugly looking fader mixer

Thanks !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Audio 6 good for that... i'd think about adding an X1 mk2 to control traktor

I'd route the turntable into Ch2 on DJR 400 as is vinyl (phono) only and then the audio 6 into CH 1 + 3 on mixer

DJR400.jpg
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

fader lives matter!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Audio 6 good for that... i'd think about adding an X1 mk2 to control traktor

I'd route the turntable into Ch2 on DJR 400 as is vinyl (phono) only and then the audio 6 into CH 1 + 3 on mixer

DJR400.jpg
    Thank you sir that is exactly what i had in mind : A X1 to have more control !! This way there isn't a huge controller in the middle of it, in addition to the mixer !

Thank you

Audio 2 would be enough for your usecase too.

Quote Originally Posted by sheikyerbouti View Post
    Audio 2 would be enough for your usecase too.
    I'd get an Audio 6 if you can afford it just so you could use it to rip vinyl too
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I'd get an Audio 6 if you can afford it just so you could use it to rip vinyl too
    Thanks guys !!

I already have a audio 2 but is it the same as the output is done with a simple jack ? The audio 2is at least with rca ! Maybe I'm thinking wrong but it feels weird to connect this tiny card with 2 simple jack to a 2000$ mixer ?

P.S: my comment still needs approvation from moderator it takes hours ! I already answer twice to you and still nothing

Tech Mentor

if it works, it works.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

If you don't go dvs Audio 6 is not needed. For ripping vinyl would be better to use the mixer to some other soundcard in case you have it.

1.) Why not connect the turntable into Audio6 and use timecode vinyl to control decks in traktor? You can even map a button to switch which deck one turntable controls (http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=5129)

2.) Audio 2 is good enough for connecting it to a mixer, don't be fooled by it's small size. There is no difference in sound quality between RCA output and 1/4" jacks - unless you have crappy cables.

In theory, DAC converters (among other things) that are on the soundcard make the difference. In that regard, the first edition of Audio 2 interface, the Audio 2 DJ has Cirrus Logic DAC converters (same as other NI interfaces) while the second and third (Traktor Audio 2 and Audio 2 mk2) don't have them.

Would that make a audible difference? Depends on what other hardware is in the audio chain.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast