Humming/buzzing noise from Speakers

Default Humming/buzzing noise from Speakers

My current setup has my CDJ's connected to my Mixer and my Mixer connected to my home speakers (logitech z623) via RCA.
    Also my computer is also connected to same speakers via the 3.5 mm jack.

When both my PC and my mixer is turned ON, I get a hissing noise from my tweeters.
    And when i turn my Mixer OFF, i get a buzzing noise from my speaker.

Did some research and found it can be fixed using a ground loop isolator.

Just wanted to know why these issues occur in the first place and what needs to be taken care by a mobile DJ who is setting up his equipment and cannot afford to F$$K UP before an event.

I would recommend reading and learning about sound reinforcement set ups. This book, while old, had endless amounts of info when I was just starting to learn about this stuff. http://www.oconnellcenter.ufl.edu/st...20Handbook.pdf

Hope this helps.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I would recommend reading and learning about sound reinforcement set ups. This book, while old, had endless amounts of info when I was just starting to learn about this stuff. http://www.oconnellcenter.ufl.edu/st...20Handbook.pdf

Hope this helps.
    Thanks

are you using a splitter cable?

Try connecting the mixer straight to the speakers. Remove the PC from the circuit completely.

Sometimes that can be an issue.

Or maybe your soundcard is not isolated enough.

Try diffrent cables too.

Don't leave home without 'em ..

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    are you using a splitter cable?

Try connecting the mixer straight to the speakers. Remove the PC from the circuit completely.

Sometimes that can be an issue.

Or maybe your soundcard is not isolated enough.

Try diffrent cables too.
    Well, there seemed to be an earthing issue with my wall.
    The buzzing sound has stopped now.
    But the hissing from the tweeters is still there.
    Need to try unplugging the PC circuit and check once.
    Thanks

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by oneadnonlyzedd View Post
    Just wanted to know why these issues occur in the first place and what needs to be taken care by a mobile DJ who is setting up his equipment and cannot afford to F$$K UP before an event.
    Because electricity is rarely "pure", anything plugged into, or surrounding the circuit can interfere with audio signals on a continuous or intermittent basis.

From a Mobile DJ point of view.

• Never run your lights from the same power circuit as the audio (whenever possible) and ask around for the "audio" circuit if in doubt (whenever possible).
    • Always bring a few Ground Loop Isolators as Jester mentioned already.

I remember a scenario years ago where we were getting complaints about a severe buzzing noise across the sound system every 20 minuets - it never happened when we were on scene testing for some reason and only ever occurred when then place was really rammed full e.g. new years eve, easter weekend.

Turns out that the staff were running an extension lead into the amp room to power an extra ice maker on busy nights