Bypass my digital mixer soundcard - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    That ain't digital mate. The Digital Output is the one marked "DIGITAL OUT" you then connect that to a decent external DAC with digital-in and the DAC outputs to your speakers. This will give you the "best" sound from the mixer.

By using the ones marked in red however, you are using a better balanced signal to your Soundcard which will reduce noise and probably run louder, I'm guessing thats whats giving you the "enhancement". .
    not to go off topic...Do we have a signal flow thread that goes over unbalance and balanaced and the differences? I am sure I can google it. But a thread would be nice so people can ask questions.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    not to go off topic...Do we have a signal flow thread that goes over unbalance and balanaced and the differences? I am sure I can google it. But a thread would be nice so people can ask questions.
    There is one discussion "somewhere" in this forum (hardware maybe ?) , but for reference this is pretty good regarding the noise factor with nice little diagrams :P

http://www.aviom.com/blog/balanced-vs-unbalanced/

It doesn't seem to mention however that balanced outputs can run anywhere up to around +14db louder as well than the RCA line outputs on the same equipment (depending on the gear).

I've responded numerous times to many threads involving balanced and unbalanced wiring on this forum. It seems the topic comes up at least a couple of times a year, mostly based on people who don't want to do even the basest research into audio electrical engineering. I chalk it up to the "instant gratification" generation.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12