anyone using intel nuc to run traktor pro 2?

Default anyone using intel nuc to run traktor pro 2?

I'm planning to purchase Intel NUC but the lowest spec available in my country,

Processor : Intel Broadwell Celeron N3050 2.16 Ghz
    Graphics : Intel HD Graphics
    RAM : 4 GB
    HDD : 500 GB

Can it run Traktor Pro 2? I'm a little bit confused since the minimun req from NI website is Core i3, but my core2duo desktop can run Traktor Pro 2.

Not gonna use 4 effects and loops and sampling 8 tracks altogether, only mix 2 tracks and minimum effects and probly loops. Is it gonna be able to run Traktor Pro 2? Anyone using this kind of setup?

I have TSP2 running on a MBP mid 2010 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Works perfectly.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    I have TSP2 running on a MBP mid 2010 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Works perfectly.

I'm not using any apple products. My life and my wallet works perfectly either.

Quote Originally Posted by David Tjin View Post
    I'm not using any apple products. My life and my wallet works perfectly either.
    i just wanted to let you know that i should run fine and for comparisson i posted my specs. no mac/pc debate intended...

you're welcome
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I'm guessing you should be ok but drop an email to NI just in case they have heard of any NUC specific issues that might make it a headache more than anything. Make sure the hardware you'll be using to mix with works dandy with it as well.

I've used a NUC i3 at work for testing Traktor 2 with a customer's S4mk2, no issues there but I'm not sure that the Celeron would be all that great. I'd wait and save for at least the i3.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    i just wanted to let you know that i should run fine and for comparisson i posted my specs. no mac/pc debate intended...

you're welcome
    yeah sorry man, for a second there i thought that you advised me to go mac just like everyone else haha, i guess i didnt read your post well enough...

in case someone still interested in this..

i went with intel nuc core i3, been using this for several months now with no issue at all..

I have a NUC, bit it's also a Skull Canyon, so there will never be any issues. :-p

That aside, I installed traktor on my mums old laptop (N3050 with 8gb of ram) and I had to turn the latency up to an overall 17ms just to mix tracks with stable results using DVS.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

when I 1st got Traktor, I tried hooking it up to my old tower
    3.4GHz Intel Core2 Quad w/ 16GB of RAM
    it was a no go

Traktor requirement specs state you need a chip w/ hyper-threading (i.e. relatively current i series chip have this)

I personally do not think you will have much luck w/ a Celeron
    maybe mixing only 2 decks w/ little or no efx
    but if you want to use 4 & efx, your probably going to need a faster proc