Midi Fighter Twister - Issue / Wrong Off LED Color with multiple banks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midi Fighter Twister - Issue / Wrong Off LED Color with multiple banks

Hi,
    I just wanna say i really love midi fighter twister and all the work DJ Techtools put into it (just read the long update thread earlier this year). Don't know if this is a known problem, but following happens on my twister: I made my own mapping where Bank 1 is used to manage some FX settings and Bank 2 is a simple mixer. Everything is working fine except the LED behavior. Following happens (as an example) and is driving me crazy (also reset the device etc.…):
    • Knob 1 on Bank 1 (Used for a FX Button): Off Color - Green / On Color - Red
    • Knob 1 on Bank 2 (Used to Kill High EQ): Off Color – Black / On Color – Purple
    The knob is mapped on both banks in and out and everything is working fine when I use the knobs and trigger the actions via midi fighter twister. But when I trigger the action from Traktor UI => Kill High EQ => The LED Off Color from Bank 1 is shown on my midi fighter instead of bank 2.

That happens for all knobs!

I also did some monitoring with Midi Monitor, the midi signals sent by Traktor seem to be correct… I would appreciate any help from you guys.
    I am using latest version of Traktor and Midi Fighter Twister Firmware is also latest version (Behavior happened even before the update of my mac to Sierra).

Really appreciate your feedback (Maybe someone made the same experience and knows what i am doing wrong )

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Twister. Can you please attach your TSI and MFS?

Hi, sorry for the delay. Please find attached a very simple example:
    Bank 2 Knob 1 use to set filter on and off... Midi Fighter was reset to factory status and i just changed bank 2 knob 1 to toggle... If you use the settings attached, the off color of bank 1 is displayed even if i am working on bank 2....

Thanks for your support!Simple Filter Bank 2.tsi

Unfortunately i cannot upload the mfs file to the forum (Error message: invalid file) so you can download it from my oneDrive account: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiydX4mOdGZOmQTrUnrEuz7rtIty

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the files and for reporting this.
    I tested the mapping provided and I can reproduce this. It appears that this bug affects "CC Hold" and "CC Toggle" push button messages and both "Note Hold" and "Note Toggle" appears to be working fine. Re-mapping entire TSI to the "Note" messages means that you would also lose all button animations since those work only with the "CC" button settings, but, this way you could fully utilize Utility settings for ON and OFF colors in all four banks.

If you won't be using Utility colors anyways than the "Note" setting should serve as a work around until we provide an update, but if you still prefer button animations than maybe I could give you a hand with that on a Traktor Mapping side and assign all the colors and animations for you directly in the Controller Manager.

Let me know If any of this could help! I forwarded your thread to our Team for further testing.

Best Regards,

Hey,
    I've got the same issues with LEDs but in Ableton.
    As I see, this is a 1 year old thread and no update so far. Are you planning to fix this at least this year?
    Thanks for your reply

Tech Convert

Same problem here.

A bit different but i guess its the same bug.

I mapped all switches of Bank 1 & 2, with different colors of course, in Ableton and saved that in a Live Set. Whenever i load this Live Set all the Switch Button LED colors for the OFF State of Bank 2 are reset to the exact same of Bank 1. And thats the case for all mapping assignments. Be it CC Hold, CC Toggle, Note Hold, Note Toggle. Even a combination of CCs on Bank 1 and Notes on Bank 2 or vice versa doesn't work. Tried it all. Its pretty frustrating because it kind of defeats the whole purpose of having Banks if i'm not able to differentiate them from each other.

Unhappy So... any update available??? Twister is useless

Hi Guys,

really appreciate everything you do... but this bug is open for years now and there is no update... So, my twister is useless if i wanna use it with multiple banks ... and that's the reason why i bought a twister!!!

So, please just give me / us a feedback if there will be any progress... so i can decided to continue to use to or not.
    Thanks

I was just about to buy one. Can you guys confirm the status of this issue? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
    I was just about to buy one. Can you guys confirm the status of this issue? Thanks in advance
    Wait a two more weeks it is work in progress.

Ok so here I am in 2022 with a new Midi Twister eager to use with several banks of beautiful colors. And I get this problem immediately and finds this thread... didn't look it up before I bought it.

Bank 2-4 shows up with the right color but when I press the knobs they switch to Bank 1 colors and never gets back..

Was this ever solved? Still no fix for this anywhere? Newest firmware 2019. Did I miss anything else of importance regarding DJ Techtools, updates, firmware, and the Midi Twister?

I am on a Macbook pro M1 2021.

(edit: typo)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast