Traktor Pro 2 : Where is the 'Scratch' in 'add in' control?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro 2 : Where is the 'Scratch' in 'add in' control?

I'm trying to replicate someone's jogwheel mapping into my own and the person's mapping have this 'Scratch' on 'In' control for the jogwheel.

I don't know exactly what the purpose of this Scratch control on the mapping, it feels exactly the same with the 'Jog Turn' control (the reference mapping have both Jog Turn & Scratch mapped to the same jogwheel), but then again, I don't scratch so I might not notice it. Or this could be a form of 'legacy' control used in older Traktor that replaced with Jog Turn?

Moreover, after 6 hours, I still can't find where did they put the Scratch control on Add in list. Not the 'Scratch Control On' under Deck Common > Timecode, but one that only written 'Scratch'.

Can anyone tell me about it? Googling will just take me on info about Traktor Scratch Pro, instead the scratch control itself.

Thanks bruv.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

The "Scratch" is old command from TP1. Newer version will simply ignore it's existence in the mapping.
    The "Jog Turn" is what is it called now - only difference is that the scratch command had this cool interaction mode where you could produce a backspin with a simple button mapping.

It's not there, and sounds like you got the gist of it. It may be a mapping pulled in from an older version, which had the scratch function in the menu, which was activated by pressing the touch sensitive jog wheel or by mapping a command/modifier to make the jog scratch. It's pretty much the same thing. Or at least, that's how it occurs to me..

EDIT: Didn't see Stewe's entry.. !
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 10-10-2016 at 02:26 PM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Wizard

Thanks both of you for confirming that. I guess at first it does something else since my reference mapping have both of them.