Ableton Live 9 Intro MIDI Controller Help
    Tech Student

Default Ableton Live 9 Intro MIDI Controller Help

So I just got into music and got Live 9 Intro. I want to setup my Alesis v25 in Ableton Live 9 so I can hit some keys and play some sounds. Here is a picture: https://gyazo.com/bae13cd6ecc7c143bd345c1ab106fa7c So when I hit pad one to play my first audio clip it plays. Then I want to play my second audio clip while the first one is playing how do I do that? Also is there like a preset EDM project file that I could experiment using my MIDI controller with?

I got everything from guitar center and someone there said I would also need a "AUDIOBOOX USB PreSonus" to use with my MIDI controller and I was like ok so I got it now at home I am thinking why do I need it If I wont plug anything into it. My MIDI controller is usb so it doesn't need a MIDI interface. Should I return it?

Please move my post to the proper section I'm new to this forum.

Default Separate tracks

If you want a clip to play while another is playing, you should put the second clip into another audio track. Clips that are loaded into the same audio track will only play one at a time. You can also put them in the same row going across to trigger them all at once with the scene launch button on the master track. the easiest way to map a scene button to a pad is to hit [Command-M] on your keyboard to go into mapping mode. This will allow you to click on anything you want to map to a controller, and then either hit the button, wiggle a knob, or hit a key to map it. I hope this helped, and just ask if you have any more questions.