Traktor dvs manual mixing problem - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Try turning off snap?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I must be missing something here
    Correct

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dj focus View Post
    Thanks for your help everyone. Just to reiterate this isn't a how to dj question. I know how to mix. I've shot another video that will hopefully show the problem a bit better. The two tracks in this video are the exact same speed and I've got the pitch at zero. So in this example they go in perfect. When I pitch bend using the platter the track slows down but then jumps back to where it was. This is the opposite of what usually happens when you pitch bend a track into sync and it seems to jump back out. This jump is the problem. I'm just concentrating on the phrase meter because it visually shows you this jump. I have also checked my tts and they work perfect. It also happens in absolute and relative mode.
    Its very hard to tell whats going in the video.

I cant really see the screen, or hear whats going on as you are talking over the music you are asking us to hear.

Can you answer this question? Are you able to get a perfect sync using normal vinyl?

Because Im with ImnotDedYet, im struggling to understand what your actual issue is, and like him ive been using Traktor DVS and vinyl for years.
    Last edited by ImNoDJ; 10-17-2016 at 06:24 PM.

I think the issue is - he's trying to nudge it OUT OF PHASE, but it looks like Traktor is adjusting the track BACK INTO PHASE after he's nudged it out...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I think the issue is - he's trying to nudge it OUT OF PHASE, but it looks like Traktor is adjusting the track BACK INTO PHASE after he's nudged it out...
    At 1:12, he nudges it out and you can hear it flam.

Then he nudges it back in and the flamming is gone.

Im still not seeing a problem here.

Turn off Sync, Snap and Quantise

Does it still do it?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I've assumed sync is OFF since we're trying to manually beat match?

But yeah - some of these issues sound like they could be to do with Tempo Stnc/Beat Sync...?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Turn off Sync, Snap and Quantise

Does it still do it?
    he has snap on in the video, but that should only apply when setting cue points. Quantse and sync appear to be off.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345