Traktor dvs manual mixing problem - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What are the specs of your machine?

There used to be an option in an old DVS software called DJ Decks, that was called "Pitch Smoothing", that fixed this problem. Not much help for Traktor though.

Have you tried LOWERING your latency? 256 seems quite (very) high, and might be freeing up processor power to "hunt" for more accurate BPM readings? Possibly? Or not? Try it - what have you got to lose?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I also get this with the same setup. Its not you thats at fault here. I havent found a fix yet either.

No matter what pressure you put onto the deck it just wont match them perfectly.

If your slowing a track, (phase about 5mm infront) with a little pressure, it goes into time then when you let go of the platter phase jumps back into the exact same place you started from (5mm infront again)

Too much pressure and it jumps 5mm behind on the phase and stays there. It never sits dead centre. The tracks are in time it just wont sit perfectly in sync, it always jumps out a couple of mm and its always to the same place.

Speeding up is the same, when you push it on, it sits in time for a split second then jumps out a couple of mm. Depending how much pressure you use it will either jump back to exactlty the same spot you started from or jump a couple of mm infront.
    Gravyboat do you use technics? . It would be interesting to know if people using serato or recordbox dj have the same problem?.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dj focus View Post
    Gravyboat do you use technics? . It would be interesting to know if people using serato or recordbox dj have the same problem?.
    Yeah 1210mk2

Ive had this on 2 different laptops as well. Which made me think its the norm, im unlucky or its the s4.

Not sure of laptop spec and latency settings off top of my head, i'm in work at the minute.

So everyone who has dvs, the tracks never sit perfect on the screen? Im not talking about what you hear. I know it sounds ok, i'm just curious as to why it never lines up on the screen. It dosnt really bother me cos it sounds ok but since someone made a thread i'll chip in my experience with it.
    Sounds like your being too pernickety. I recently got Traktor DVS. The digital track is obviously tracking to the turntable time code, and the turntable has wow and flutter, so the fine bpm read out will flutter. I do find that many times I can't get both decks bang on, e.g.
    Left 125.59 vs Right 125.49, and the read out is usually fluttering between something like 125.55-125.59. I may need to nudge/ride the pitch fader over the mix due to the .10 disparity.

HTH,

T
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    Sounds like your being too pernickety. I recently got Traktor DVS. The digital track is obviously tracking to the turntable time code, and the turntable has wow and flutter, so the fine bpm read out will flutter. I do find that many times I can't get both decks bang on, e.g.
    Left 125.59 vs Right 125.49, and the read out is usually fluttering between something like 125.55-125.59. I may need to nudge/ride the pitch fader over the mix due to the .10 disparity.

HTH,

T
    I have thought about this and it could be the problem but i'm not sure. Its weird, like you push it on and it spits it back to the exact same point you started from (so you think it could be the turntable catching up to speed) So you push it on a little harder hoping when it slows after the push it will fall into the centre, but i it goes over to the other side by the same distance, it never sits in the centre.

I'm not at my decks now but i'm pretty sure this only happens around the centre line. If phase is way out and you push it on it just behaves as it should.

The tracks are in sync i can leave them playing with phase slightly out and it will stay in the same place. It just wont sit on the centre line.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 10-14-2016 at 04:52 AM.

The tracks are in sync i can leave them playing with phase slightly out and it will stay in the same place. It just wont sit on the centre line.
    I mean, it's an analogue device controlling digital. I think from that standpoint it's a bit much to ask it to be as 'bang-on' as digital. Out of interest is there any difference between absolute and relative modes?
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    I mean, it's an analogue device controlling digital. I think from that standpoint it's a bit much to ask it to be as 'bang-on' as digital. Out of interest is there any difference between absolute and relative modes?
    I get that but you have to feel it to understand. It sort of jumps out one way or the other only around the centre line. Im not at my decks so cant do any tests till later but can possibly do a video

Did you do what I said and try doing it at +2% or -2%?

It could be that you have an issue with your Quartz Timing. Setting your TT to +/-2% will confirm this. If the BPM holds steady when you are away from 0% (quartz lock ON), then you'll know that is where your issue is.

Also - check the ring magnet under your platter. If it has chips/cracks in it, you'll need a new magnet.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    What are the specs of your machine?

There used to be an option in an old DVS software called DJ Decks, that was called "Pitch Smoothing", that fixed this problem. Not much help for Traktor though.

Have you tried LOWERING your latency? 256 seems quite (very) high, and might be freeing up processor power to "hunt" for more accurate BPM readings? Possibly? Or not? Try it - what have you got to lose?

It could be that you have an issue with your Quartz Timing. Setting your TT to +/-2% will confirm this. If the BPM holds steady when you are away from 0% (quartz lock ON), then you'll know that is where your issue is.

Also - check the ring magnet under your platter. If it has chips/cracks in it, you'll need a new magnet.
    My laptop is pc, i5, 12gig ram, ssd hard drive running os and 1tb optical hard drive. So i don't think that's the problem. I thought 256 was low for the latency. I'll try and go lower and see if that helps.

I know your never going to get the exact same bpm when using dvs. As Gravyboat says with this problem it feels like traktor kicks the tracks out of sync and holds them just out. If you watch the phrase meter on the video you will see what we mean.

Patch do you mean put the decks to +/-2 and look at the dots to see if there is anything wrong? .

I will experiment with absolute and relative mode tonight.

Don't want to start a war here but this will show nothing because on Technics the quartz lock is always ON, through the entire pitch scale. People are confusing zero pitch "lock" with quartz lock. To check if the tt has problems with the speed it is sufficient to read the stroboscope, that's what it's for.
    Last edited by electroshock; 10-14-2016 at 12:50 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast