SoundBITE micro midi out to control Ableton clock
    Tech Convert

Default SoundBITE micro midi out to control Ableton clock

I have a Red Sound Soundbite Micro https://www.amazon.co.uk/Redsound-So.../dp/B002YOUILQ. The Soundbite Micro comes with a mini usb to 5-pin din cable. Since my Mac does not have a 5 pin din input, I bought a USB to mini usb cable and connected one end to the midi out of the Soundbite and the other to my Mac. Nothing showed up in the audio midi setup on my Mac or in Ableton Link Midi.

I want Ableton to be slave to the Soundbite Micro detected midi clock. What do I need to do/buy in order to do this? Thank you in advance.

Tech Convert

Do I need a full audio interface? If so, would the Native Instruments Audio 6 work?

What do you want to sync Live to? Do you know about Link?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Thanks for responding Patch. I have a A&H XoneB2 mixer. Unfortunately, even though the mixer has a midi-USB connection and detects the BPM and beat signature (mixer has FX) of the audio from turntables and CDJ players, it cannot output this as midi timecode. I cannot possibly understand why Allen & Heath has not implemented this by now. I wish to sync Ableton to the turntables and CDJs in order to be able to sequence drums and synthesizers (VST) on the fly with Ableton Push in time with the tracks that I am playing on the turntables and CDJs. I do not wish to use DJ software (i.e. Traktor or Serrato). In the future, I would like to buy some drum machines and synths with midi-in, so the Soundbite micro will also be useful then. I plan to use push in the interim. I have tried mapping the nudge buttons in Ableton and then manually beat matching Ableton with the audio. This sort of works, but the nudge buttons in Ableton are a bit strange. Also, I would rather spend time coming up with drum sequences and synth sounds on the fly than manually beat matching Ableton with mapped nudge buttons.

I bought a Soundbite micro that I can attach to the record out of my mixer. The soundbite micro detects the BPM and beat signature and is supposed to output midi timecode. I don't have an audio interface at the moment, so I simply went out and purchased a mini-usb to usb cord and connected this directly to my laptop. Nothing happened. I am quite sure now that the missing piece is an audio interface with midi-in capabilities. Is there a cheaper option?

Tech Convert

I just called sweetwater. Yes, even though the Soundbite micro has a mini usb out, I still need at least a midi interface. Of course an audio interface with a midi in would also work.