Crisp quality while playing tracks via traktor is gone - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

Disabled the limiter and the autogain, sounds way better already!

But still the EQ reaches red while recording though...

Quote Originally Posted by Elexxior View Post
    It looks like reducing the gain indeed solves the problem I descriped in my first post. But as I expected, the base volume is lowered when I record something. This is a problem because then I won't be able to turn it louder on, for instance, my phone when travelling.
    You can always download something like Audacity and add an additional gain on top of it if you'd like (just please no clipping or redlining. I don't need to be hurt like that again.)

Just remember: more volume=/=more quality. I could also blather a bit about "blah blah digital audio blah blah compression blah dynamic range" but, eh let's not

Yep.. you can always increase a low signal on a recording, but never decrease a clipped one.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 10-13-2016 at 01:27 PM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elexxior View Post

No, I never said that. I record original mixes 1 time using traktor. After that I use the recorded samples in Audacity to make my own sets by exporting it to 320 kbps mp3.
    That means exactly what Keithace told you, you are in fact re-recording the tracks in Traktor.

Limiter and auto gain can be found in the MIXER section of Traktor's preferences.

If you are already using Audacity for something else using the Normalize shouldn't take more than 2 seconds of your time for each track (not sure If you can batch process a few tracks this way, haven't used it in a while). If anything you want to record with a lower gain on the recorder if you are layering effects on top, quite a few effects do in fact boos the output volume and can clip unless you make enough room for them (like delays or reverb).
    Last edited by padi_04; 10-14-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12