Syncing Dj Laptop to another peer Laptop Questions
    Tech Convert

Default Syncing Dj Laptop to another peer Laptop Questions

Question for the masses. I have searched both here and online and I feel like I am missing something.

Here is my question
    I am a wedding dj, and my main laptop has about 300gig of music on it. I have it backed up in 3 places as the norm, on my desktop, on an external and in the cloud. I use traktor, but i use my itunes playlists instead of the traktor playlists for a few reasons. Itunes is easier for me to create separate playlists for each gig (special songs, dinner music, party music etc) and it serves as a backup incase i cant get traktor to function correctly for what ever reason. I can still plug and play with itunes. With that said, what I am looking to do is mirror my dj library to an alternate PC in case of completely laptop failure, i have a laptop I can pick up and use just as the main laptop.

I downloaded crashplan but that seems to complicated for what I am after. Is there something out there that will take my itunes library, and probably my traktor TSI's and sync them to a peer laptop for redundancy? I am looking for something push button but understand that wishes do not always come true..

how do you create redundancy in your dj laptop/music space?

What I do, which might seem a bit old fashioned, is:
    Update the music on a bi-weekly basis, and once the music's been updated, then copy the music to a backup lappy (over wifi at home). Both machines have the same playlists on Traktor and so, backing up the collection is a regular job too. The file trees are identical, and well organised, and it's just a matter of copying the new month onto the backup machine, and adding the tracks to Traktor later, takes about 10/15 mins every time. Have a network shortcut to the DJ folder on the backup machine, and vice versa, log into the other machine, copy the folder across, done.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Convert

Do you use any software for that or just click and drag to an external point, then from the external point to the secondary laptop?

The directory trees are identical so just drag the new folder into the corresponding one on the backup.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.