Help with monitor speakers
    Tech Convert

Default Help with monitor speakers

I really wanted the 750w Event Opals but that dream has died, not sure if they will ever make anymore. I sold my last pair 2 years ago like an idiot but who knew Event would have so many issues. The one thing I loved about them was that I could crank them and the monitor only once in awhile would lower the volume to prevent them from being blown. I've gone through several other monitors that drop the volume way sooner and because of this I returned them.

I know it's an epic fail buy I used my JBL PRX712 as monitors, actually loved them but so huge for a bedroom but man they never had an issue with me cranking it up.

I'm reaching out. Lost on what will meet my demand for a small but powerful monitor that is high quality. $2,000 to $2500.00 max price point for a pair.

Looking at Pioneer RM-07 Active Studio Monitor
    Adam Audio A8X 2-way 8.5 inch Studio Monitor

but not stuck on those but... I live in a town that you can't listen to before you buy, no one has floor model monitors over $300.00 speakers.

Tech Mentor

how big is your room?
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post
    how big is your room?
    12x14

qsc k12s

I think you should look for Audioengine A2+ Premium Powered Desktop Speakers. You can get these under $300 from amazon. The sound quality of this speakers can make a great appearance during parties. You can even attach these speakers to a subwoofer and enjoy a deeper sound.

Or else you can look through Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers. It is very light in weight and has a pleasant look. If you want to get clear sound at any volume, then it is the best choice.

I hope this suggestion would help you!!

Tech Convert

Dynaudio BM15A

Decided on these