Remapping X1 Mk2 to control Decks A & D - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Get a phono preamp like BEHRINGER MICROPHONO PP400 and that way enable ch 2 or 3 on the mixer for phono operation.
    Im using an A&H mixer, Id have to spend quite a bit more than that to get the same signal path quality im currently getting.

And Im looking for a software solution.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    There is no simple way of doing this (surprised?) You have to map everything from scratch and hope that only two conditionals would be enough for all touch strip's different states of controls.
    Knowing NI, not surprised at all

Its completely obvious they expect you to buy two X1s if you want a proper ABCD layout, as its not possible without a lot of work otherwise.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    ^That sounds like it would work perfectly.

But my OCD hates it. TT CDJ TT CDJ? I couldn't live with that.

Thinking about it - maybe there is a solution using Jack Audio?
    Im the same, i love the clean look of TT CDJ CDJ TT, and always enjoy overhead video mixes where the sources correspond with the channels so I can follow the logic of the mix.

Anyhoo, ive done what NI wanted me to do and use another X1, luckily I had an old one in storage.

Bam, ABCD setup in seconds.

It really is nice having ABCD on input 1 on all 4 mixer channels, and then having full Traktor control over ABCD on input 2, plus any combination of both setups at once.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Im using an A&H mixer, Id have to spend quite a bit more than that to get the same signal path quality im currently getting.
    If the only current solution is getting second X1, I'd opt for a phono preamp as a quality one is cheaper (Pro-ject for example).

I still don't understand why using a CABD mixer layout is not a solution, the CDJ's would control deck A&B and the X1 would control C&D. Having the CDJ's on deck B&C sounds confusing to me as they are not next to or below each other. And you can assign any deck to any channel, so you can position your hardware wherever you want.
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 10-15-2016 at 10:01 AM.

just get a zone db2 so you can assign your decks to whatever you want

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    just get a zone db2 so you can assign your decks to whatever you want
    Your advice is to just go out and buy a $1700 AUD mixer?

Remember how I talked about wanting a software solution?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    I still don't understand why using a CABD mixer layout is not a solution, the CDJ's would control deck A&B and the X1 would control C&D. Having the CDJ's on deck B&C sounds confusing to me as they are not next to or below each other. And you can assign any deck to any channel, so you can position your hardware wherever you want.
    Because the mixer only has phono inputs on 1 and 4.

CDJs on B&C makes perfect sense if you are spending your time looking at your CDJs and mixer instead of a screen.

My screen is way off to the side and I only look at it to browse tracks.

In every overhead video mix ive seen, ie Boiler Room, DJSounds, they always have mixer channels correspond to physical layout of sources.

Im assuming the CABD thing is for turntablism where handedness matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Because the mixer only has phono inputs on 1 and 4.

CDJs on B&C makes perfect sense if you are spending your time looking at your CDJs and mixer instead of a screen.

My screen is way off to the side and I only look at it to browse tracks.

In every overhead video mix ive seen, ie Boiler Room, DJSounds, they always have mixer channels correspond to physical layout of sources.

Im assuming the CABD thing is for turntablism where handedness matters.
    So you've never thought to configure Phono Input 1 to control Deck C? CABD makes perfect sense because then you're grouping your CDJ's across the top of your screen, and your turntables across the bottom of your screen.

It also then allows you to minimise your CDJ controlled decks (A&B) on the screen if you don't need to look at them, and leave your TT controlled decks bigger if you want.

Anyhow, each to their own, I'm for CABD, obviously your head works differently to the rest of us
    Last edited by frankle; 10-16-2016 at 06:38 AM.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

My point exactly, if you don't look at your laptop screen it doesn't matter at all which hardware controls which deck.

- Turntables on channel 1&4, using the phono input for vinyl and the line input for DVS on deck C&D
    - CDJ's on channel 2&3, using line A and controlling deck A&B
    - X1 controlling deck C&D, using the line inputs on channel 1&4 which you already have connected for DVS
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 10-16-2016 at 06:51 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast