Remapping X1 Mk2 to control Decks A & D
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Remapping X1 Mk2 to control Decks A & D

Ive been struggling with this for several hours now, and short of making a brand new map from scratch in midi mode, is there any simple way to get an X1 Mk2 to control Decks A and D?

Can I simply somehow expose the code from the default AB map, and change all the B decks to D decks?

Im very comfortable with remapping controls, but the scope of replicating the default setup with all cue colours and touchstrip etc is far beyond what im willing to spend time on when I get so little time to mix as is.

You can choose every other combination of ABCD, but not AD. Why, NI, why?

The reason im doing this is that I have a four channel mixer, with turntables on 1 and 4, and CDJs on 2 and 3.

I use the CDJs to control decks B and C in Traktor, and want the X1 to control decks A and D.

Tech Guru

A little bump, hoping for some advice on this one.

as much as you might not want to hear this, just switch your cdjs and turntables on your mixer. this is the fastest easiest fix that does not require you to possibly destroy your entire mapping. if you can avoid messing with the software that is always the safest answer. also, i think you may be looking for CD deck mapping because im pretty sure all mixers go CABD from left to right.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    as much as you might not want to hear this, just switch your cdjs and turntables on your mixer. this is the fastest easiest fix that does not require you to possibly destroy your entire mapping. if you can avoid messing with the software that is always the safest answer. also, i think you may be looking for CD deck mapping because im pretty sure all mixers go CABD from left to right.

MIxers go CABD?

I have a Xone 42 with phono inputs only on Channels 1 and 4. I use muti core cables so the phono input goes directly into input 1 on Channels 1 and 4, and the soundcard output from Traktor goes into input 2 on Channels 1 and 4.

Edit: looked up CABD, had never of heard of it as a thing before. Huh. Im really looking for the straightforward ABCD mixer layout that corresponds with my hardware.

This means i have a completely hybrid setup for playing from Traktor, or just from vinyl and USB. To make this work, i need the X1 to control DVS on Decks A and D.
    Last edited by ImNoDJ; 10-14-2016 at 12:35 AM.

i understand now. serato decks go CABD. can you not just go into preferences>controller manager> select your X1, then change the assignment to deck D?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    i understand now. serato decks go CABD. can you not just go into preferences>controller manager> select your X1, then change the assignment to deck D?
    Thanks dude, but Im very familiar with basic Traktor mapping and would have done it if it was this easy

On the X1 Mk2, you can select AB, BC, CD, AC, CA, BD.

But not AD.

You cannot assign individual decks on each side by default. You can create a new mapping, but the default mapping includes a bunch of modifiers, and conditional programming for the colours, cue states, and shift keys, plus the touchstrip, and recreating all of that is what im trying to avoid.

Im really asking the Traktor mapping gurus if there is any simple way to copy the mapping from A to D with all associated programming somehow.

Im hoping Stewe might pop by, probably should have posted there first.
    Last edited by ImNoDJ; 10-14-2016 at 12:33 AM.

lol i understand. good luck with this! i agree that its stupid theres no easy way to do what you want to do

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

There is no simple way of doing this (surprised?) You have to map everything from scratch and hope that only two conditionals would be enough for all touch strip's different states of controls.

Get a phono preamp like BEHRINGER MICROPHONO PP400 and that way enable ch 2 or 3 on the mixer for phono operation.

^That sounds like it would work perfectly.

But my OCD hates it. TT CDJ TT CDJ? I couldn't live with that.

Thinking about it - maybe there is a solution using Jack Audio?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast