Operator

Thread: Operator

Default Operator

Having spent some time learning how to use Operator I basically love it now (not like that). Purely out of interest, does anybody on here use it a lot, and if so what do you usually use it for?
    SC - WS

Tech Wizard

It's a very powerfull tool, when I was learning how to use ableton I made a track using operator for every single sound (it was a very fun exercise). Now I use it mostly for bass lines and pads and then I play around, for example in my last track I took de bass operator, pitched it up, moved a little bit the envelope and I got great percs.

Tech Guru

i used to use it, for sub bass mostly as you can get a nice clean sine wave from it
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

I use a lot for basslines and lead sounds although im currently wrapping my head around the more complex methods of programming it. Its a great synth and can do some amazing things but i think it gets overlooked as a lot of people lean towards the more popular soft synths or the new hot product, just because its a stock ableton plug doesn't mean its crap. I find it lacks something when using the noise waves tho